The Student Room Group

Heelppppp

Okay so I got into a Russel group uni for Computer Science this year via a foundation year in another uni and i have pretty much no a levels
The prospects for my uni are amazing and Im so happy to be there but will i be at a disadvantage about my lack of a -levels? And will work experience places reject me because of it?
If so should I re-take my a levels alongside my first year of degree or should i juts hope for the best and see if work experience places will take me with my foundation year?
Any advice is mucchh appreciated
When going for things like jobs and internships .. they tend to look at the highest level of study so when you have just done your gcse's .. they look at gcse's when you have done gce's and a levels .. they look at a levels ... when you have a degree they look at your degree.
You are obviously competent or else you wouldn't get into your degree. A foundation year is still a good qualification to have that they will look at favourably. Are you doing your degree at a college ?? Because i dont know many traditional uni's that offer alevels anyway
Sorrry for asking where you were studying, I didnt read that your going to russel group UNI !!!! that should work in your favour aswell
Also out of intrest what are your a-levels ??
Reply 4
Original post by Phoebe Joan xo
Also out of intrest what are your a-levels ??

sociology : D
philosophy: E
AS maths: D

:frown:
I didn't even put my A levels on my CV. Why would I when I have a degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending