The Student Room Group

Medical school and extenuating circumstances: success stories

Does anyone know if people have been successful in attaining a place at medical school with extenuating circumstances after resitting their examinations?
Reply 1
Yes i have heard of several cases. But it completely depends on the circumstance/ what year/how many exams failed. So hard to say without any more info

Edit: i have just reread your post... i thought you meant between years at medical school. Sorry. So are you asking about how if you have missed your offer whether medical schools will look at your extenuating circumstances?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by annread
Yes i have heard of several cases. But it completely depends on the circumstance/ what year/how many exams failed. So hard to say without any more info

Edit: i have just reread your post... i thought you meant between years at medical school. Sorry. So are you asking about how if you have missed your offer whether medical schools will look at your extenuating circumstances?

No worries - thanks for your response!

Yeah along the lines of that: if they also didn't receive offers and then applied in the following year's admission cycle and attained an interview/offer?
Reply 3
Original post by one pound fish
No worries - thanks for your response!

Yeah along the lines of that: if they also didn't receive offers and then applied in the following year's admission cycle and attained an interview/offer?

Is this resitting AS or A2?
Also depends on your grades? and also whether your GCSEs were good/average .. that might help. Sorry not very helpful... but if you give me a bit more info i might be able to help.

I have heard of people missing their offers, and the medical school still accepting them on the basis of their circumstances... but not your way round. I know some med schools are bit fishy about resits.
Reply 4
I hope so! I am a graduate applicant with a 1st class in BSc Human Biology (Hons) however, my dad died during my GCSE's then I was diagnosed with a brain tumour during my A-levels so as you'd expect my results were affected. I hope they take this into consideration when assessing my application as my degree was 1000x harder than my A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending