The Student Room Group

Non-drinker at freshers?

So I don't like alcohol (it isn't really a personal lifestyle choice/religious decision etc I just really don't like any alcoholic drinks I have tried) and I am worried about being isolated from making friends at freshers as I won't be a direct part of things like drinking games and the whole partying atmosphere

Do I have anything to worry about and how can I make sure I'm not left out from the social events?

Thanks!
I don't drink either but I havnt found it a problem , often people are too drunk to even notice what they are drinking let alone what someone else is drinking so it's not an issue. As long as you don't let the no drinking stop you from talking to people and still making an effort to be apart of things then there shouldn't be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by merwholocked95
So I don't like alcohol (it isn't really a personal lifestyle choice/religious decision etc I just really don't like any alcoholic drinks I have tried) and I am worried about being isolated from making friends at freshers as I won't be a direct part of things like drinking games and the whole partying atmosphere

Do I have anything to worry about and how can I make sure I'm not left out from the social events?

Thanks!

To be honest, as long as you're fun and outgoing no one will blink an eyelid.
i grew up a christian and never got drunk, and never did at uni. that doesnt stop you having a good time with people, just make sure people understand from day 1 that you dont like alcohol, and they should respect it, those worth knowing at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending