The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Victoria Halls or the city campus??

Hey, i'm going to the university of Wolverhampton, i've got my place through clearing since results day didn't really go my way so i'm looking at Accommodation and i can't decide weather i should stay in the University halls (City campus) or if i should get a room at Victoria halls, i hear a lot of people saying it's really nice there. But will they be many first year students there? i'd like to be in the same boat as my room mates So any help would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to Fiveway halls, Victoria Halls are good too. Wlv uni halls aren't great.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Give fiveways halls a look! :smile: I'm going there this year :smile: they're really nice rooms!
Reply 3
Thanks guys! i Ended up booking a room with Fiveways i know it's really last minute :') Probably not going to move in until the end of September though.
Reply 4
Original post by Chris111222
Thanks guys! i Ended up booking a room with Fiveways i know it's really last minute :') Probably not going to move in until the end of September though.

Last minute? nah. No need to book until last minute, you'll always find rooms - unless you needed a specific room/price. I'm going to book mine in October/on the day.
Let me know what block you're in! :smile: I'm in block A :smile: should say on your tenancy agreement when you get it! :smile:
What sort of room have you gone for?
Reply 6
Original post by meganbeth1204
Let me know what block you're in! :smile: I'm in block A :smile: should say on your tenancy agreement when you get it! :smile:
What sort of room have you gone for?

Awesome:smile: i'll let you know when i hear from them. i just went for a standard en suite, how about you?
Fair enough :smile: I went for the deluxe ensuite lol :') I wanted a double bed haha! Haven't found anyone at all in block a!
Reply 8
Fair enough :smile: I went for the deluxe ensuite lol :') I wanted a double bed haha! Haven't found anyone at all in block a!

I'm booking the Premium Deluxe, will post my block when I book :smile:

p.s I'm choosing the deluxe for my future anime bodypillows and plushies. can't wait!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Byakko
I'm booking the Premium Deluxe, will post my block when I book :smile:

p.s I'm choosing the deluxe for my future anime bodypillows and plushies. can't wait!

I was going to go premium, but I thought I'd rather have the extra cash :')! As long as I have a double bed and my docking station I'm all sorted :')
Do you guys know whether you're allowed to put things on your walls?? Because I know some places don't allow it?
Reply 10
I was going to go premium, but I thought I'd rather have the extra cash :')! As long as I have a double bed and my docking station I'm all sorted :')
Do you guys know whether you're allowed to put things on your walls?? Because I know some places don't allow it?

Do it anyway, just make sure it doesn't leave a mark or anything. I think it's definitely not allowed. I'm going to fill my walls though... I'll think of a way to not damage the wall so I don't get in trouble.
Reply 11
White tac over blu tac guys, that's how you don't damage the walls
Reply 12

I'll just stay squashed up in my single bed haha, pretty sure you can but stuff on the walls unless you're damaging the wall obviously :tongue:
Okay :smile: well I can't live without my posters(it just wouldn't be feel right) so white tac it is! :')
Reply 14
I'm in block B by the way :smile:
Those of you staying in fiveways, have you recieved a payment schedule yet? What date is the first payment due? (not the booking fee)
Reply 16
Original post by bubadeeboop
Those of you staying in fiveways, have you recieved a payment schedule yet? What date is the first payment due? (not the booking fee)

I think it's around the 27th of September but don't hold me to that.
ah feared it would be, never understood why private halls ask for installments a couple of weeks before loan payments, it was fine first year with my overdraft ...but I can't stretch to it these days lol.
Reply 18
Original post by bubadeeboop
ah feared it would be, never understood why private halls ask for installments a couple of weeks before loan payments, it was fine first year with my overdraft ...but I can't stretch to it these days lol.

Yeah it's a pain, I ended up asking my parents to help me out with the first installment and then I'll pay them when my loan comes though, that could be an idea?
nah I don't have contact with them, is no big deal anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending