The Student Room Group

King Edward VI

Hi there!
I've finally decided on going to King Edward VI college in September. What do people think? Anything specific about what you think of English Literature, Modern History and Film Studies would be great because those are the subjects I'm doing. Please tell me a little about those courses if you can, as I'm still a little unsure about Film Studies?? Because I originally wanted to do Media but they didn't offer it.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I'll be either doing Modern History or German! I had to swap one of my subjects (Further maths), so I'll find out on wednesday what I'll be doing instead. I had a chat with one of the History teachers and he said we'll be focusing on Russia and the dictatorships in the first AS unit, so that sounds quite interesting.
Yeah, it does sound really interesting. I'm looking forward to History and English :smile: Just a bit nervous about Film Studies, but never mind :smile: Thanks for the reply. If you swap to Modern History maybe I'll see you in class? :smile: I met the woman history teacher and she was great.
Reply 3
Original post by girlinthechair
Yeah, it does sound really interesting. I'm looking forward to History and English :smile: Just a bit nervous about Film Studies, but never mind :smile: Thanks for the reply. If you swap to Modern History maybe I'll see you in class? :smile: I met the woman history teacher and she was great.

I was going to pick English, but I'm not planning on doing anything that will require an A Level in English. I'm sure you'll be fine, have you read through the course details online? Hopefully they do put me in Modern History and not German, I think I'll enjoy History more..so yeah! See you in class :biggrin:
The History teachers I've spoken to so far seem pretty nice, well actually, all teachers I've spoken to are really nice.

Who's your form teacher? (If you don't mind me asking!)
Original post by AKaur98
I was going to pick English, but I'm not planning on doing anything that will require an A Level in English. I'm sure you'll be fine, have you read through the course details online? Hopefully they do put me in Modern History and not German, I think I'll enjoy History more..so yeah! See you in class :biggrin:
The History teachers I've spoken to so far seem pretty nice, well actually, all teachers I've spoken to are really nice.

Who's your form teacher? (If you don't mind me asking!)

Fair enough! :smile: I'm a little unsure about what I want to do in the future tbh, I'm just taking subjects I like and going from there, haha :smile: What are you planning on doing? (if you don't mind me asking? Sorry) Yeah I've read through the details, it all looks really good - as long as we don't do horror films! Haha I'm a bit of a wimp :smile: I'm also just a bit scared I won't be too good at it, because it's all new to me :no: I'll be alright <3

Yeah I hope you get put in History! It's great all the teachers are nice :biggrin: I'm half nervous, half excited for it all, haha <3

My form tutor is Mary Powell :smile: Who's yours? :smile: <3
Reply 5
Original post by girlinthechair
Fair enough! :smile: I'm a little unsure about what I want to do in the future tbh, I'm just taking subjects I like and going from there, haha :smile: What are you planning on doing? (if you don't mind me asking? Sorry) Yeah I've read through the details, it all looks really good - as long as we don't do horror films! Haha I'm a bit of a wimp :smile: I'm also just a bit scared I won't be too good at it, because it's all new to me :no: I'll be alright <3

Yeah I hope you get put in History! It's great all the teachers are nice :biggrin: I'm half nervous, half excited for it all, haha <3

My form tutor is Mary Powell :smile: Who's yours? :smile: <3

Yeah, all I know is that I wanna do something Maths/Economics related in the future. So that's why I've picked Maths with statistics, Economics, Psychology and Modern History.

I'm the same! Can't deal with Horror films, so don't worry, you're not alone in that. I doubt they'll make you watch really scary horrors anyway.

I've been out into Modern History!!! YEAY. So I'll see you in that. Looking forward to it.

My form teacher is John Sangha.

How did you find induction day?

Quick Reply

Latest