The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen mary computer science

What languages are covered in first year?
Much appreciated, thanks
Original post by compcomp
What languages are covered in first year?
Much appreciated, thanks

Java(basic and object orientated programming in 2nd semseter), html/css/java/database for website making, not sure after that
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
is there any major project works that have to be done in the 1st year
Original post by P-amazing
is there any major project works that have to be done in the 1st year

Only coursework projects, 1st semester stuff is easy, 2nd semester project for OOP may be difficult.
Reply 4
Are we gonna have around 16 exams? 8 exams in semesters and then 8 main exams at the end of the year time? Is getting 1st class degree easy or hard? How much coursework are we gonna get coz i prefer coursework than exams

Oh yh does 1st year counts towards your degree grade?

I am new to student room and threads so I dont know if this is the right place to ask and stuff

thanks
Original post by m.aliking
Are we gonna have around 16 exams? 8 exams in semesters and then 8 main exams at the end of the year time? Is getting 1st class degree easy or hard? How much coursework are we gonna get coz i prefer coursework than exams

Oh yh does 1st year counts towards your degree grade?

I am new to student room and threads so I dont know if this is the right place to ask and stuff

thanks

I believe one of the modules is 100% coursework....so 7 exams.
Each module is usually made of at least coursework, some contain exams, some don't.

If you wanna get a good degree classification, do well in the coursework or/and inclass exams as they can be worth up to 30% of a standard module. Doing well in those really helps.
Reply 6
Original post by Iqbal007
I believe one of the modules is 100% coursework....so 7 exams.
Each module is usually made of at least coursework, some contain exams, some don't.

If you wanna get a good degree classification, do well in the coursework or/and inclass exams as they can be worth up to 30% of a standard module. Doing well in those really helps.

Meaning 7 main exams and around 7 inclass exams? Do you have a list of software that i am going to use throughout my course or computer science? well most likely dreamweaver and a software for java and stuff.

so each module will have coursework great! but dont think maths will have any coursework tho? still 30% coursework isnt too much but wouldnt complain. There was one uni where there was about 50/60% coursework in computer and mathematics pure awesomeness
Original post by m.aliking
Meaning 7 main exams and around 7 inclass exams? Do you have a list of software that i am going to use throughout my course or computer science? well most likely dreamweaver and a software for java and stuff.

so each module will have coursework great! but dont think maths will have any coursework tho? still 30% coursework isnt too much but wouldnt complain. There was one uni where there was about 50/60% coursework in computer and mathematics pure awesomeness

Not all modules have inclass exams, varies module to module.
Not dreamweaver...............bluej, geddit or another java software, etc

No idea about maths, but I do expect there to be some sort of maths module.
1st year is worth 10%.

The projects aren't that hard, you have months to do it. Start early. Ask friends (there's loads of losers, two of which I'm sitting next to now, who are older and more experienced). I didn't, and now I know how much easier it could've been.
Has the course started yet and does anyone know if the places are full up?
It says on the website 2 A levels and 2 as levels accepted:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest