The Student Room Group

Gay guy comes out to his religious family, all hell breaks loose (vid) ('Murica)

wow, wonder how many gays have to go through something like this...

thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

He's wrong though about the 'biological facts'. He should get a refund for his science classes.
Reply 2
Being gay is not biologically natural
Reply 3
That was so sad. I don't know how i'd cope with life if I were gay and my family were this ****ing stupid.

It's all so unnecessary.
He was a liar, disrespectful, abusive git to be honest it saddens me the attitude people have to parenting these days 'anything goes'. Son you punched an old lady? Oh well who am I to judge.
America is a great place

Believe me, makes the UK look like a joke.
Reply 6
Original post by White.Resistance
It's not just religion lots of parents want grandchildren, and I doubt he's going to provide them that now.Homosexuality being promoted and encouraged is destructive. Homosexuals generally don't procreate = helps decrease already low birth rate and then comes extinction.

Oh yeah. We totally don't have enough people on this planet. :rolleyes: overpopulation is a complete myth and procreation can only be achieved through male+female sex.
Reply 7
Original post by The Right
Being gay is not biologically natural

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that the vast and ever growing field of biology isn't limited to 'insert penis into vagina'.

Anyway, unless you want to give up tv, clothes, the NHS and go back to living in a cave you kind of have to admit that very few people live their lives in a natural way.
Reply 8
Original post by alapa
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that the vast and ever growing field of biology isn't limited to 'insert penis into vagina'.

Anyway, unless you want to give up tv, clothes, the NHS and go back to living in a cave you kind of have to admit that very few people live their lives in a natural way.

I never said people did. In fact no one but maybe a handful of people in the world live in a natural way or have any natural equilibrium with the environment and the world we live in. This is why humans will eventually destroy themselves and this planet but anyways I'm not too bothered about that rubbish.

The fact is the law of inheritance and the process of reproduction are still major disciplines in the field of biology. Genetics is one the most significant disciplines and on that level you can go as basic as the X and Y chromosomes to conclude homosexuality is not natural as it plays no role whatsoever in the survival of species and the continuation of their genetic information.
Reply 9
I never said people did. In fact no one but maybe a handful of people in the world live in a natural way or have any natural equilibrium with the environment and the world we live in. This is why humans will eventually destroy themselves and this planet but anyways I'm not too bothered about that rubbish.

The fact is the law of inheritance and the process of reproduction are still major disciplines in the field of biology. Genetics is one the most significant disciplines and on that level you can go as basic as the X and Y chromosomes to conclude homosexuality is not natural as it plays no role whatsoever in the survival of species and the continuation of their genetic information.

Now that the scientific world has conttoned onto the fact that being gay isn't a mental illness or harmful in any way, research into evolutionary purposes for homosexuality are just beginning.

How does this logic work? Plenty of things occur naturally in our genetics which don't contribute to the survival of our species. Some of these actively militate against it.
Original post by alapa

It's annoying that science is being used as a political football though.
Original post by alapa
Oh yeah. We totally don't have enough people on this planet. :rolleyes: overpopulation is a complete myth and procreation can only be achieved through male+female sex.
I think what he's getting at is is while there's plenty of humans on the planet there are ethnic groups who are dying out and need to have more kids in order to survive. Humanity on a whole is not dying, but humans are diverse people and those who are in danger of dying out need to increase their population by having more kids. It's like saying it's fine for Native American's to die out, the world is overpopulated enough as it is. It's amazing so much goes into animals and even plants from going extinct but not human ethnic groups.
OOh. Sounds familiar.
Reply 15
That was hard to watch. Also, the comments on this thread supporting the parents don't make it any easier.
Reply 16
She sounds like Sheldon's mother. But the way she acted was horrendous.
well it looks like he was talking **** about his parents on facebook which is why they were angry rofl. He did seem like a huge brat tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by White.Resistance
It's not just religion lots of parents want grandchildren, and I doubt he's going to provide them that now.Homosexuality being promoted and encouraged is destructive. Homosexuals generally don't procreate = helps decrease already low birth rate and then comes extinction.

You're making it sound like homosexuality is a disease that spreads, and soon everyone will become gay, resulting in the extinction of the humans smh :facepalm2:

FYI, even if everyone was a homosexual, we can always reproduce via surrogacy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow, I wasn't expecting it get violent.

That is one messed up family :hmmmm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending