The Student Room Group

help, help, help me

I want to do medecine and I got B in chemistry, C in biology, E in maths and E in physics.

I know I can get A`s , I just didn`t work hard and I was a bit lazy. I thinking to do reset for next january in all my As modules. But am just wondering that if I get A`s after reset(A2), dose medicine uni accept reset because I will do alots of reset, dose the uni just want AAB and dont care about reset, is anybody has been in this position befor, If I get A`s for next january(A2) have I got the chance to be accepted. please sombody help me:redface: :redface:
Reply 1
want to do medecine and I got B in chemistry, C in biology, E in maths and E in physics.

is that in AS or A2????
Reply 2
its in AS
Reply 3
You'd have to resit almost everything, your school would only predict your A2 grades based on your AS, and your unis would find out your AS grades anyway. Unless you can think ofa good excuse to write in your personal statement (and being lazy will not be accepted, you'll be laughed away with no interviews I fear) your'e in a bit of a sticky situation. Best ringing some unis up to see if they'd accept those AS grades if you promised to raise them. OR - I know someone who got a U in an AS, becasue of which almost every uni said they'd need AAA in their 3 A levels, so that might be an option - call your preferred unis and see
Reply 4
yeah thanks
is possible do medicine If I get A`s for next january.
Reply 5
Technically yes, if you get offers! Bare in mind hundreds or thousands of people who got AAAA or better in their AS exams get turned down for medicine each year, so try to make a good PS
Reply 6
and If i dont get offer (which is more likely), can I apply after the result of A2 (clearence).
Should I get offers in oreder to do clearence or it dosen`t matter.
Reply 7
u'll neva find spaces for medicine in clearance - 0.00001...% chance
Reply 8
I don't think there were any places at all this year - I heard there was one at Warwick for the graduate entry route, but no more. If on publication of results and you had no offers you still wated to do medicine, you'd have to re-apply
Reply 9
Talk to your teachers..and beg them to predict you much higher...universities will be able to see ur AS grades but maybe with the right choices and a very good personal statement you mite get lucky....start thinking of excuses!!!
Reply 10
You're going to have to beg your teachers until they yield, you're also going to have do a fair few module resits (as I am doing) and make a spectacular Personal statement.
Reply 11
Anything is possible... Get your PS to the best standard and work your socks off. Try new revesion techniques starting from now and get into gear with every single module. You are looking at a huge jump to make to get A's but if my friend with BCC at AS can get AAA at A-levels and then get a place at Manchester for medicine, then I think you can do the same.
Gary2688
I don't think there were any places at all this year - I heard there was one at Warwick for the graduate entry route, but no more. If on publication of results and you had no offers you still wated to do medicine, you'd have to re-apply

lol yea i rang up....it was a misprint in the independent...was actually microbiology i think!
Reply 13
work hard on your resits

your uni doesnt have to know your AS grades - dont declare them..just say they haven't been cashed in yet and therefore cant be declared (i did this despite getting 5As at AS)

and as i said before - work hard on those resits! and dont forget your PS, work experience and interview technique etc

Latest

Trending

Trending