The Student Room Group

Didn't put middle name on UCAS application?

Yeah I'm freaking out a bit. For some reason I didnt put my middle name on my UCAS application and I've already been accepted at Uni and sorted out all of my details so everything for university only has my first and last name.

But on my passport it includes my middle name.

I have no idea why I didn't include it and now i'm panicking because nothing from the university will match my passport and birth certificate.

I just checked my gcse certificates and they all include the middle name. But on 1 of my a-level ceritificates it just has my first and last whereas on others it has full name.

I'm so confused.

Have i seriously messed up or does it not matter too much and I'm getting stressed over nothing?
You could call/email UCAS and explain the situation? :smile:
Nobody will care, it's fine. They'll still recognise who you are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure I didn't put it on my UCAS.

Went to enroll and register at the university during fresher's, with my passport, and they just said "oh, we'll just add that in now". The university keeps their own set of details, which they can modify when you get there, so your certificate will be printed right in the end. If they don't notice/ask then just let them know.
Reply 4
Oh thank god. I nearly had a panic attack you little **** xD
Don't think it matters too much, pretty sure I didn't put my middle name on my ucas, also pretty sure my sixth form didn't know it either :wink:
Cutest thread 2014.
Reply 7
It seriously doesn't matter. I write my middle name sporadically on things, nothing changes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure your middle name is optional, you don't have to ever supply it if you don't want to. Alternatively, you can go by your middle name if you want, seeing as it's still your name.
Reply 9
I emailed them and they've changed my details to include my middle name. Thank you for the help guys :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Zoejef
I emailed them and they've changed my details to include my middle name. Thank you for the help guys :smile:

Hey I’m having this issue aswell! Did you just email the uni to add your middle name or did you call UCAS. I know this is late so you probably don’t remember
Original post by Keiii1
Hey I’m having this issue aswell! Did you just email the uni to add your middle name or did you call UCAS. I know this is late so you probably don’t remember

Sort it put with UCAS. If a university updates your details but ucas is still wrong then the ucas version will overwrite the university records (but if ucas is corrected then it should update all your universities automatically).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending