The Student Room Group

Do I need face wash? And other products such as toner etc

Hey,

How important is using face wash? Atm all I do is wash my face twice a day with warm water and then use argan oil as moisturiser. I'm worried I'm not looking after my face as best as I could...looks like watching youtube videos about morning routines have taken over me...

My skin: not prone to spots, not oily, can get very dry if i don't moisturise properly, sensitive
(edited 9 years ago)
No what you're doing is fine. If you have dry skin using loads of face washes will dry it out. Warm water and then a good moisturiser is all you need. Cosmetics companies will tell you otherwise but that's just cos they want to sell a product.
Original post by F.I
Hey,

How important is using face wash? Atm all I do is wash my face twice a day with warm water and then use argan oil as moisturiser. I'm worried I'm not looking after my face as best as I could...looks like watching youtube videos about morning routines have taken over me...

My skin: not prone to spots, not oily, can get very dry if i don't moisturise properly, sensitive

If you wear make up you really need to use a cleanser :smile: Try a cream cleanser, nothing that foams! They are great for my dry skin. I wouldnt worry about toner but exfoliating is really good for your skin, try something gentle and creamy :smile:
My friend used to go to a dermatologist and she said that the best thing for your face is a moisturising bar of soap followed by a good moisturiser. No matter how enticing these products look, they will always leave your skin worse in the long run than you started off with to make you go and buy their products again and again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Swap the warm water for cold. Warm water will dry your face.

I only wash my face in the morning. When my skin is in okay condition I use sunflower/baby oil or aqueous cream, or anything face appropriate. When my skin gets really dry (during the change of seasons) I lather aqueous cream or sunflower oil on before I sleep.

If you're staying hydrated and your skin isn't dry then you know you're doing a good job.
You should be cleansing your face. Water will not do that. The minimum you should be doing is using a wipe.

Look for a cream cleanser and alcohol free toner I can recommend some if you want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending