The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Freshers 2014-15

Can't believe there's not a Fresher's thread for us yet! Feel free to introduce yourself here and say what course you're doing!

I'm doing Primary Education and can't wait to start! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Yes, it does seem strange that there hasn't been a thread (until now!), since there seem to be so many of us, at least on facebook! I'm studying electrical and electronic engineering :biggrin:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by chrisdefish
Hello! Yes, it does seem strange that there hasn't been a thread (until now!), since there seem to be so many of us, at least on facebook! I'm studying electrical and electronic engineering :biggrin:

I'm also doing Electrical & Electronic Engineering :smile: you looking forward to it?
Original post by william_94
I'm also doing Electrical & Electronic Engineering :smile: you looking forward to it?

:five: Awesome! Yeah, very much so! So glad that I got into Strathy, and the course will hopefully be as enjoyable as I expect it to be. What about yourself?
:five: Awesome! Yeah, very much so! So glad that I got into Strathy, and the course will hopefully be as enjoyable as I expect it to be. What about yourself?

Yeah me as well! Yeah I'm looking forward to it, dreading the maths though haha. It's a good course to do anyway, I just done my HNC at college... have you just finished school or what?
Yeah me as well! Yeah I'm looking forward to it, dreading the maths though haha. It's a good course to do anyway, I just done my HNC at college... have you just finished school or what?

Yeah, just finished a sixth year! Same about the maths, I've forgot most of higher and advanced higher. Will have to read up before! :colondollar: A HNC is probably a better idea of what it'll be like, course-wise.
Reply 6
Hello there! Girl from Sweden here who has decided to move to Glasgow. Im gonna study Architecture, so excited to start this course and live in Glasgow!!! :biggrin:
Original post by chai95
Hello there! Girl from Sweden here who has decided to move to Glasgow. Im gonna study Architecture, so excited to start this course and live in Glasgow!!! :biggrin:

As a Glaswegian, I thoroughly hope you do enjoy living in this fine, fine city. :u:
Reply 8
As a Glaswegian, I thoroughly hope you do enjoy living in this fine, fine city. :u:

I am sure I will enjoy Glasgow and everything it has to offer! :smile:
Yeah, just finished a sixth year! Same about the maths, I've forgot most of higher and advanced higher. Will have to read up before! :colondollar: A HNC is probably a better idea of what it'll be like, course-wise.

Nice one! Advanced higher maths will give you such a head start! When we got the chance to speak to a current student after the interview she said it made first year a lot easier having done it. I didn't even do higher maths at school, although I done maths in my HNC of course which is meant to be the equivalent really, we also covered a few things that you will not have but then again there's stuff we haven't covered that's in the higher :frown:. I will need to get some notes out soon haha. Yeah it will probably help quite a bit at the start. You staying at home or in the halls?
Hey there!
I'm from Germany and I'll be studying Psychology, French and Spanish!
So excited for Uni to start!
Anybody going to the Indipendence all nighter on the 18th at the Union?
There is a page but it's on Facebook haha, Its called "strathclyde freshers 2014"
Nice one! Advanced higher maths will give you such a head start! When we got the chance to speak to a current student after the interview she said it made first year a lot easier having done it. I didn't even do higher maths at school, although I done maths in my HNC of course which is meant to be the equivalent really, we also covered a few things that you will not have but then again there's stuff we haven't covered that's in the higher :frown:. I will need to get some notes out soon haha. Yeah it will probably help quite a bit at the start. You staying at home or in the halls?

Well that is quite a relief - AH was not so straight forward after all (but not super bad either) :frown:. I'm sure you did all the maths that will be relevant to engineering, in any case! I'm staying at home, as I currently live in Paisley, which isn't all that far away. Will just have to make do with getting up a bit earlier :colondollar:. What about yourself?

Original post by Feierabend
Hey there!

I hope you enjoy living in Glasgow! :biggrin: I hadn't heard of this independence thing, will definitely check it out :smile:
I hope you enjoy living in Glasgow! :biggrin: I hadn't heard of this independence thing, will definitely check it out :smile:

well I've already lived here for a year now and I absolutely love Glasgow. I really hope to make some friends at Uni.
Hey there!

I haven't even heard about the all nighter thing :/

Is German your first language? If it's German, and you are obviously fluent in English and going to study French and Spanish then you must be a bloody genius :O
Well that is quite a relief - AH was not so straight forward after all (but not super bad either) :frown:. I'm sure you did all the maths that will be relevant to engineering, in any case! I'm staying at home, as I currently live in Paisley, which isn't all that far away. Will just have to make do with getting up a bit earlier :colondollar:. What about yourself?

Yeah I would imagine it being pretty hard! I think a certain amount of the first year will be a similar level to AH. Well our maths lecturer said there is some gaps, like we didn't do as much trig. That's not too bad, at least you will save money then :smile: I'm going to be staying at the halls, it would be too much travelling from where I live.
Second year here and I'm going to the Game of Thrones night because they have MOTHER ****ING DJ HODOR in the house. Same for the Daniel Sloss comedy which I missed last year because a friend was so amazingly drunk they couldn't get out the flat.

The best advice I can give to halls people is to super glue your keys to your face, because you will probably lock yourself out your room at least once otherwise.
Original post by Abbie :)
I haven't even heard about the all nighter thing :/

Is German your first language? If it's German, and you are obviously fluent in English and going to study French and Spanish then you must be a bloody genius :O

Hey Abbie.
I saw it on the facebook page of the strathy union. I bet it's going to be quite exciting, with all the students awaiting the results...

Thanks, I'm flattered:colondollar:. Yes, German is my first language. I've spent half a year in France during High School which really gave my French a boost. And I've spent the last year in Glasgow, so that helped with my English, too. That's the best way you can learn a language anyway; being in the country since then you don't have a choice but getting better :biggrin:
I'm starting Spanish (Introduction) at Strathclyde cause I think it would be really cool to speak 4 languages :tongue:

What are you studying?
Hey Abbie.
I saw it on the facebook page of the strathy union. I bet it's going to be quite exciting, with all the students awaiting the results...

Thanks, I'm flattered:colondollar:. Yes, German is my first language. I've spent half a year in France during High School which really gave my French a boost. And I've spent the last year in Glasgow, so that helped with my English, too. That's the best way you can learn a language anyway; being in the country since then you don't have a choice but getting better :biggrin:
I'm starting Spanish (Introduction) at Strathclyde cause I think it would be really cool to speak 4 languages :tongue:

What are you studying?

And here I am with only one language, yet I still have questionable skills with it :s-smilie:

I'm just doing maths, I always struggled with languages lol

Are you staying in accommodation?
Original post by Abbie :)
And here I am with only one language, yet I still have questionable skills with it :s-smilie:

I'm just doing maths, I always struggled with languages lol

Are you staying in accommodation?

Well funnily enough I've always had difficulties with Maths. I guess we all have our strengths :hat2:

No I'm sharing a flat in Glasgow with my boyfriend. Can't wait to have my own little place :smile: (3 days to go!!!) Are you staying in halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending