The Student Room Group

Heard of Swagbucks, points2shop, mysurvey, or Superpoints?

I was wondering if anyones heard of these websites before? If so do you use them?

Edit: I recently started Superpoints and so far so good. Basically it's a rewards website. Provides you points for completing some very simple offers. Some of those offers are time consuming and a huge pain but I've found plenty that take only a minute. Points for videos that tell you to watch the entire video to earn points but they awarded me the points within the first few seconds. They give out free points every day on a button they call "superlucky button". I had enough points for 10 amazon gift voucher within no time. Apparently takes a few days to receive so i'll see.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
im signed up with swagbucks and its a complete waste of time,
me and my friend signed up at the same time to keep eachother motivated, and it was great for the first few days with all these sign up offers but its dies out after a week i signed up this time last year and havent made a tenner yet, my friend made his in 9 months by being a very active member and doing surveys daily.
dont waste your time with these sites

i can reccomend topcashback however were you can do free offers and get well over £10 weekly without spending but it can take up to a month to get the money in to your account from the retailer (pm me for my refferal link if you would like) and good luck!
All I know about superpoints is that it's something to do with play.com
Reply 3
I wouldnt bother with any sites that offer 'points' to exchange for rewards.

Find the ones offering real cash. I use one which pays £3 per 10 minute survey.
Reply 4
Original post by Reue
I wouldnt bother with any sites that offer 'points' to exchange for rewards.

Find the ones offering real cash. I use one which pays £3 per 10 minute survey.

hom much do you make per month from that? what site is it?
Reply 5
Original post by decgreen
hom much do you make per month from that? what site is it?

Grand total of £6 a month. 2 surveys a month plus a couple which give out free samples to try and report on. They're not accepting new people though atm.
I tried swagbucks and it was a complete waste of time, you need way too many points to earn a decent amount from it. I use a website called panelbase which sends you surveys to complete and I've managed to make a decent amount of money from it in the past. Crowdology isn't too bad, takes a little longer and it's quite difficult to find surveys that are suited to you and therefore pay out though.
Reply 7
Swagbucks bought me a £100 back protector

I've earnt more afterwards, but that was my huge one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've earned cash from a few of them, but it's over years.

Mysurvey yes, have registered and done some surveys.
With any of those sites you have to be willing to put in a fair bit of time, and be prepared to be screened out of surveys. If you’re interested in making your views known (why wouldn’t you be? you post on this site) go for it, but don’t expect to make huge bucks.

I’d recommend Valued Opinions and Toluna always have plenty of surveys.
And YouGov, which is probably best because the newspapers often report their surveys - go on, you might even change the world.
Reply 9
Original post by bignothing
I was wondering if anyones heard of these websites before? If so do you use them?

i have a swagbucks and mysurvey account. sawgbucks is okay, it does take a while to build up points if you only use it occasionally, but i did get £5 paypal gift card in under a week once as i went on there everyday and filled in surveys. but lately i have been more busy and haven't had time to go on there so haven't earned as many points. i have been a member for 2 months now and have withdrawn £10 in total.
mysurvey is better as you can get a decent amount of points for your time. the amount of surveys i receive though varies. some weeks i get at least 4 a day but i did go for 2 weeks without getting one survey to do once.

i recommend panelbase though, the surveys are not too long and come frequently enough to be worthwhile and I have withdrawn £10 so far. I can send you a referral link for panelbase and mysurvey if you want
You need to ask yourself if the time is worth the reward.

Surely the time would be better spent trying to earn money in other ways, with a greater return.
I'm still waiting for my swagbucks z list tshirt to come from three years ago.
There's plenty of guides online about each of the survey sites. Some are a lot more trustworthy than others.

Most of them admit that the most you'll make is £350/year even if you join all of the survey and points sites available.

This is based on about 7-10 hours work a week too. It's not loads but it's decent and I just used my points/money to pay for my Christmas presents.
£350 a year for 7 hours a week work? That's pitiful.
Reply 14
Original post by commandant

I have no idea where he's got that from. I do probably one hour a week max

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by commandant

I was a desperate student at the time...
I tried some of these services and completely agree with the majority that these sites are just a waste of time.
There are better ways to earn online if you ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending