The Student Room Group

Liverpool Community College won't let me back in! Help!

I recently lost my father at the beginning of September 2013, which was the beginning of the term for my final year. I missed a couple of weeks, and when I returned I found it hard to catch up. All year I tired to catch up with no help from the college who tried to kick me out at one point. I got my grades in the summer and I realised I didn't have enough points, so I decided to stay another year to get extra UCAS points, and head to university in September 2015. When I went to do this the college said I had to submit an application/appeal form, which I did. I then got denied to continue on another year. They said they didn't have enough money to pay for students to take another year, or to re-sit subjects!! Even though Elaine Bowker (college principle) has just had a pay rise of £40,000 this year. I continued to plead under the circumstances of my absence at the beginning of the year, but still no progress. I thought maybe it was best going to another college if this is how I get treated. So I looked at Birkenhead sixth form college, however, they have different exam boards. No other college has the same exam board as LCC, so the only option I have left is to attend another college and start the full two years again!! I feel like every door is being shut in my face. I have no idea how to appeal again or speak to someone who can help. I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone may have on this issue. Thanks so much!
You can switch exam boards at the end of AS, so if you're willing to redo all of A2 then you can move to a better college (tsr has an article on it here)

Other than that, your option is to self-study, and ask a college if they'll let you sit the exams as a private candidate. However, they will charge you for this.

Quick Reply

Latest