The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Ooo...I think language students should meet up, travel to France and Germany and see what reactions the weird vocab we've learnt gets us.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Boing! It's all very quiet...

How did exams go? [I hope we don't have another thread on that already... I'm sure when I checked a couple of minutes ago, there wasn't one]
Reply 182
ImperceptibleNinja
Boing! It's all very quiet...

How did exams go? [I hope we don't have another thread on that already... I'm sure when I checked a couple of minutes ago, there wasn't one]

Nope, you're in the clear with that - no threads have come up recently regarding exams; just threads from confused prospective students :biggrin:

'tis very quiet around here, though...I've been using this chat thread for moddy test purposes, it's that quiet (all my test posts have been removed, obviously :p:)
Reply 183
Yeah, damn those prospective students.... XD
Ahh the memories, I remember me in the prospective student place last year frantically trying to find any little info I could so I could convince myself I made / could make the right uni choice! But I'm doing my best to pay back the favour this year.
Reply 185
Sub-D
Yeah, damn those prospective students.... XD

Yeah...kill 'em all :biggrin:

I actually wasn't too bad as a prospective student - open days eliminated four of my six choices and I would have been perfectly happy in either of the two choices left over (St Andrews and Heriot-Watt).
Sorry to revive an old thread but the May dip is so cold and so stupid that I recommend that ALL prospective students do it if they get here, such a great experience! Ill definitely be there next year! Anyways Im off to shiver under a quilt now :p:
Lol, I could have got up to do the May Dip... but my bed was so warm and soft and cosy, and not wanting to be overly presumptious, I somehow thought that the sea might not be. So I stayed in bed. Yes. I know. I'm a wuss...

"Next year, honest..."
:rolleyes:
The may dip was incredible, I actually felt the rocks on the feet were worse than the cold though. I looked like a right muppet walking on the beach in my bathrobe afterwards though.
Reply 189
20 hours til results :eek:

i have more chance of getting into st andrews than my firm :redface:
Parrotman
The may dip was incredible, I actually felt the rocks on the feet were worse than the cold though. I looked like a right muppet walking on the beach in my bathrobe afterwards though.

I just went down for the free bacon butties. I left the getting up at stupid o'clock and running into the sewage-infested, hypothermic waters of the North Sea to the southerners.
Reply 191
I went down with my friends with all bundled up after realising that, despite excessive alcohol, I don't like the cold. So I watched them all run in, then they came out, they shivered, I laughed.

However, I will be in next year as my house is only a 2 minute walk from castle sands and thus will not be too horrible a walk.
Reply 192
Results :biggrin::biggrin:

HL Comp Sci - 6
HL Business - 6
HL Maths - 5
SL D+T - 6
SL Englich - 5
SL German - 4
Bonus Points - 1

ToK - C
EE - C

Total: 33

if soton don't accept my begging, st andrews here i come :cool:
Reply 193
*Confused at anyone choosing Soton over St Andrews*
Im going to kick re start this thread by saying its now confirmed, anyone moving into DRA on Saturday (between 9-1) or Sunday (between 1-5) or are being picked up from Edinburgh Sunday (2-8.30) or going to the Purdie Building (chemistry mainly) subject talks on the Tuesday will have the delights of having me to answer all of your questions and queries and to give you a helping hand (or at least thats the plan, it might be the other way around!) You might also see me pottering about behind the scenes in the Union on the Sunday, Thursday and the following Sunday, so feel free to say Hi.
Reply 195
If any of you happen to be in any pub in St Andrews, I'll be the drunk loud, Lancashire lad so feel free to say hi (and possibly order a round if you want to be popular :biggrin:)

Oh yeah, and I'll basically be hanging around in my house opposite younger hall and DRA, and also around the "marrow" stand at the freshers fair. :smile:
Reply 196
Steve how do we know where our subject talks are? Will we get told when we arrive?

What is the marrow stand?

I'll look out for both of you lol!
I think you get told when you arrive (I cant remember because TBH I didnt go to mine when I arrived :rolleyes: ) but dont worry you dont have to find out for yourselves you WILL be told. Actually yours might also be in purdie, as they only wanted people for the Physics Building, Purdie Building and St Salvators, So I'm guessing it will be Arts subject talks at St Salvators, Maths/Physics/Astonomy related subject talks in the Physics Building and the other Biological and Physical Sciences as well as Geology and Geography (which are all either taught, occasionally taught or taught in the first year there) in the Purdie building, so I may see you there, though likely I'll be with the chemistry lot (if you decide to go that is :wink: )

And Ill let Solid_L explain marrow, seeing as how hes president and all :p:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is the first time i'm starting to freak out about starting university! :eek: It's just hitting me now that in a few weeks time i'll be moving out, i mean of course i'm excited but a bit apprehensive now too:redface:
YES! YOU SHOULD FREAK OUT! This is going to be a monumental change in your life, its going to be terrible, your whole worlds going to get turned upside down and everything you currently think you know about world will forever be changed for the worse until your too frightened to even leave your room and just wish you could go home! RUN NOW! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
Nah just kidding! :biggrin: Dont worry, its seems scary at first but the worst part of it all is getting the grades to get in and youve done that now! Moving out is great! Do what you want and when you want, meet loads of great people and have 4 or 5 years of fun without your parents breathing down your neck, itll be a scream trust me. Having said that, having received similar advise myself last year and, well, barely listened to it, you still going to always be considering the 'what ifs' and if you will cope regardless, so I thought I would tell you the other scenario first to point out how unlikely moving out is going to be such a bad thing, or something like that (OK fair enough, I did it for my own personal amusement, happy!? :p: ). So basically dont worry, the first night is tough but once you get over that you ask yourself what all the fuss was about and why you hadn't moved out earlier!

Edit: WOO post #200 in the thread :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending