The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

I think I should get off TSR and actually go to my exam =/ I hope you guys' exams have been going well :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 161
I'm not the only one procrastinating, then? Well, that's good. No, wait - that's bad. :0s

Two more to go for me. Shall all be over by tomorrow evening.

Eeeeeeeeuch.
Reply 162
Wednesday evening for me :frown:
I was done on Saturday..... Going home today :frown:
Is everyone going home after exams? I was planning on staying.
I'm running as far away from exams as I can afford. This has been the worst set of exams I've ever sat...

[General note to those knowledgable of MT2002 - Are you doomed if you leave 40 minutes early?]
Reply 166
Steeeeevo
Is everyone going home after exams? I was planning on staying.

Most people tend to stay and just **** around for a couple of weeks.

ImperceptibleNinja
[General note to those knowledgable of MT2002 - Are you doomed if you leave 40 minutes early?]
That depends. Did you answer the questions fully? The time it takes you to do an exam is irrelevant. What matters is how well you answered the questions ;yes;
Dalimyr

That depends. Did you answer the questions fully? The time it takes you to do an exam is irrelevant. What matters is how well you answered the questions ;yes;

*tries not to think about it too much*:rolleyes:
Reply 168
Dalimyr

Exactly what i am planning, i havn't arranged to go home and now i know other people who are staying im doing so as well.
Reply 169
I'm going home, but probably not until Saturday.
Reply 170
ImperceptibleNinja
*tries not to think about it too much*:rolleyes:

Fair enough :biggrin: I remember those days :redface:
Reply 171
Why is it that foreign languages don't fancy teaching me much language that I could actually use to converse with people my own age, and instead try and get me to read stories which concentrate on prostitutes and farms (not together!)?

:s-smilie:

I know far too many words for "shed" and such in French now. Something tells me I won't be using them much.
Reply 172
FionaM
instead try and get me to read stories which concentrate on prostitutes and farms (not together!)?

Are you sure its not together? my room mate does french and some of the stories he has to read are just :s-smilie:
Reply 173
Well, there were some ducks in the story about the prostitutes, come to think of it...

J'ai mon examen aujourd'hui! Fiona ne parle pas cette langue...:0s Je jure...
Reply 174
FionaM
Well, there were some ducks in the story about the prostitutes, come to think of it...

J'ai mon examen aujourd'hui! Fiona ne parle pas cette langue...:0s Je jure...

:eek: Bonne chance, mon ami :hugs:

And yes, foreign languages do seem to make you read REALLY strange stories. German got me to read things by Peter Bichsel, including "Eigentlich möchte Frau Blum den Milchmann kennenlernen"
Reply 175
LOL!

German got us to read Das Annolied, things about Germanness through history, to watch a film and to learn about morphology.

The joys.

Hmm...well, half of that French exam was an absolute nightmare - I ignored it as soon as I'd written it - but hopefully my waffle on women picking up guys in French graveyards will compensate for the 0 for language.
Reply 176
Aww, it can't have been that bad, surely :hugs:
Reply 177
FionaM
LOL!

German got us to read Das Annolied, things about Germanness through history, to watch a film and to learn about morphology.

The joys.

Oh my das annolied was an absolute nightmare, i stupidly decied to do my presentation on it. Morphology was horrible too. exam wasnt too bad, thank god!
Reply 178
I think I probably failed the German exam too. Then again, I do have an excuse - I'd only done German and French for three years before coming here. Definitely a bit behind.

I did my literature essay on the Annolied. :0) Did my presentation on historical sources (and didn't even know which I was meant to be doing, so really didn't present anything at all!).
Dalimyr
:eek: Bonne chance, mon ami :hugs:

And yes, foreign languages do seem to make you read REALLY strange stories. German got me to read things by Peter Bichsel, including "Eigentlich möchte Frau Blum den Milchmann kennenlernen"

OMG gotta love German literature. We read the weirdest stories. Faust is normal compared to some of the other stuff we read. Like there was this one story about this guy who was alone in his house and decided that he was going to randomly rename everything and call tables chairs and whatnot. So he stayed by himself for like five years and then was all oh no, I can't communicate with the rest of the population now.

And somehow we read an awful lot about hermits/Einsiedlers (I think that was what they were).

Latest

Trending

Trending