The Student Room Group

Women's brogues opinions?

Any opinions on brogues for school shoes such as the ones in the picture? I'll be buying the top pair to wear with a skirt but I've been told they look very masculine?

From Clarks btw if anyone wants to know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superdarklord
Any opinions on brogues for school shoes such as the ones in the picture? I'll be buying the top pair to wear with a skirt but I've been told they look very masculine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't wear brogues to school anymore but they are very cute. I wouldn't say that they're masculine. They're pretty good for walking and the ones I have (and my mum) from Clarks are very good. They've lasted. Hope this helps! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like them. I think they would look nice with a skirt. They obviously won't look very masculine with a skirt, they would look cute.
Original post by karmacrunch
I don't wear brogues to school anymore but they are very cute. I wouldn't say that they're masculine. They're pretty good for walking and the ones I have (and my mum) from Clarks are very good. They've lasted. Hope this helps! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Nadine_08
I like them. I think they would look nice with a skirt. They obviously won't look very masculine with a skirt, they would look cute.

Thank you! Funnily enough it's the boys commenting on how "masculine" they are. I just want something comfy and warm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no I love brogues.
Thank you! Funnily enough it's the boys commenting on how "masculine" they are. I just want something comfy and warm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are! Just ignore the boys. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't like them sorry.
Original post by RoundTrip
Don't like them sorry.

Any reason why? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any reason why? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They look too formal and a bit bulky for a girls shoe.

The bottom pair are OK I guess, the top pair definitely look like boys shoes.
(edited 9 years ago)

What do you think of DMs Shoes then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough actually.
I must say that I saw them in the shop and they're a lot nicer the picture doesn't quite do it justice but I see what you mean when you compare the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
What do you think of DMs Shoes then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dr Martens? Not a fan of them they're huge lol.

I think the best shoes a girl can wear are just like vans or converse tbh. Not a fan of heels or any other ott shoe. Just my opinion though.
There just regular brogues, not masculine at all. I've been wearing a similar pair for years, they're a good smart shoe.
I have the bottom pair for work and I hate them. I think they look masculine, but then again I do hate brogues so I'm really biased.
I don't think they look nice and yeah they do look quite masculine, I'm a boy btw 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
They do looks tiny bit masculine but I've seen girls at my school pull it off. I recommend you go to the store itself and try them on.
I went to the store again and tried them on and I think it's something you have to see in person, they're defo cuter than they look in pictures. Not to mention ridiculously comfortable so I'm happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being a guy I think they look cute on girls!

In my opinion, the ones you have picked out look quite pointy which personally I wouldn't say are suited for girls as much. Try and pick something that is a bit more curved.

Not criticism, just an opinion. Be confident in whatever you choose!

Quick Reply

Latest