The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Hello from Keele!

Dear Student Roomer's and current / potential Keele-ites,

We are delighted to introduce our official rep account which means we are able to take an active part in discussions around Keele including accommodation, societies, academic and study options, squirrels, Visit and Open Days and generally offer a feel for campus life at officially the happiest University in the UK (National Student Survey 2014).

Current Keele-ites will be on hand to answer questions big or small. Read on to find out who we are! *Our team is growing so new faces will be introduced soon, but for now say hello to Ian and Kimmy!

Ian

Hello everyone, I’m part of the Recruitment, Outreach, Access team at Keele University. My role is to organise and have a presence at the events which revolve around visiting Keele that include; Open/Visit Days, Mini Visit Days and also Independent Visits.

If you have any questions, or need any help with anything around these feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to help.

I’m also a Keele Graduate myself and this will be my sixth year at the University, so anything else that I might be able to help you with, just fire away!

Kimmy

Hi guys, I am part of the digital marketing and communications team at Keele University. As Digital Ambassador, my role is to create content for the university social media channels and work on university marketing and recruitment campaigns.

I am a third year student in Media, Communications and Culture AND Music therefore if you have any university, course or lifestyle related questions do not hesitate and ask!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering if you knew where i can find pictures of hawthorns halls kitchens and bathroom?
Also how many people would be sharing the communal areas in block R
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Keele University
xx

I'm from London and am considering applying for a degree in physiotherapy.

1. What is the application process like? (I couldn't find it on the website)

2. Best accommodation?

3. What are the sports facilities like?

4. What is the atmosphere like?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by NishaaaR
I'm from London and am considering applying for a degree in physiotherapy.

1. What is the application process like? (I couldn't find it on the website)

2. Best accommodation?

3. What are the sports facilities like?

4. What is the atmosphere like?

Thank you :smile:

Hello NishaaaR,

Please find a link with all different Halls we have on Keele campus. ( http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/...lsofresidence/ ) Basically what happens is you apply online, express what type of room you would like to live in. You will then be allocated to one of the halls according to your choice.

Keele has it's own Sports Center with squash rooms, sports halls, Astroturf, rugby and football courts, showers/changing rooms and a fitness club. See the link attached more information on our Sports center ( http://www.keele.ac.uk/sport/ )
There are more than 30 sports clubs at Keele! One advice I have for students going to university - join a sports team!! It is such good experience, you make amazing friends and the social life is really good - for instance at Keele you have AU Balls, weekly outings with the team, fundraising events etc.

Without being too biased the atmosphere at Keele is quite unique. We have a beautiful campus, a fantastic Keele SU, Physiotherapy is ranked top in the UK (http://www.keele.ac.uk/healthandreha...2014/cug15.php) and finally.... we have lots of squirrels (rumour has it there is a 3 squirrels for 1 student)!

Are you coming to our next open day? ( http://www.keele.ac.uk/visiting/ )

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask! :-)

Kimmy
Reply 4
I want to study physiotherapy and as it's very competitive to get into I was wondering, due to me retaking year 13 and wanting to defer to take a year out, would this put me at a big disadvantage to other applicants?
Original post by SamTM
I want to study physiotherapy and as it's very competitive to get into I was wondering, due to me retaking year 13 and wanting to defer to take a year out, would this put me at a big disadvantage to other applicants?

Hi SamTM,

I have just spoken to the Physiotherapy department for you regarding this question and they have said that this wouldn't disadvantage you at all. They also mentioned that if you were able to get as much experience as possible for your year out then it could in fact put you at a good advantage!

I hope that this has helped, but if there is anything else feel free to ask!

Ian
Will the squirrels run away if I try to cuddle them or are they used to humans?
Reply 7
Hi! I'm currently applying for the English & Creative Writing degree with a foundation year in Humanities and was worried about being too 'over-qualified' for the course? Without wanting to sounds up myself, but the entry requirement are 160 UCAS points and I currently hold 260 (two Alevels combined with AS, I'm currently on gap year hence why I know my results) but I still don't have enough for the degree without foundation year. I'm just worried about having too many points for Foundation year, but not having enough for without.
Original post by Riley95
Hi! I'm currently applying for the English & Creative Writing degree with a foundation year in Humanities and was worried about being too 'over-qualified' for the course? Without wanting to sounds up myself, but the entry requirement are 160 UCAS points and I currently hold 260 (two Alevels combined with AS, I'm currently on gap year hence why I know my results) but I still don't have enough for the degree without foundation year. I'm just worried about having too many points for Foundation year, but not having enough for without.

Hi Riley95,

When looking through your application, the admissions team will look at what course you'd be best suited to (not just by checking grades, but also your statement, references etc.) If they feel that you would benefit more by skipping the Foundation Year, there is a chance that they may offer you straight entry to Year 1 of English & Creative Writing however if they feel that you could benefit from the Foundation Year then they will make you an offer for that.

To quickly sum up, don't worry! They'll look into your application and make a decision based on what they feel will be best in the long run for you rather than just basing it off the numbers.

I hope this has helped, but don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else!

Ian
Reply 9
Okay that has re assured me, I'll let you know if which offer I get, if any at all. Thank you!
Original post by Riley95
Okay that has re assured me, I'll let you know if which offer I get, if any at all. Thank you!

Fantastic! Best of luck to you!

Ian
Hi there, I plan to study law with business at Keele university. I have visited the university and liked it very much however I am a little concerned with how isolated the university seemed to be from towns and external life. Can you tell me how far away it is from the nearest town and where students tend to go? Thank you!

Holly

We are delighted to introduce our official rep account which means we are able to take an active part in discussions around Keele including accommodation, societies, academic and study options, squirrels, Visit and Open Days and generally offer a feel for campus life at officially the happiest University in the UK (National Student Survey 2014).

Current Keele-ites will be on hand to answer questions big or small. Read on to find out who we are! *Our team is growing so new faces will be introduced soon, but for now say hello to Ian and Kimmy!

Ian

Hello everyone, I’m part of the Recruitment, Outreach, Access team at Keele University. My role is to organise and have a presence at the events which revolve around visiting Keele that include; Open/Visit Days, Mini Visit Days and also Independent Visits.

If you have any questions, or need any help with anything around these feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to help.

I’m also a Keele Graduate myself and this will be my sixth year at the University, so anything else that I might be able to help you with, just fire away!

Kimmy

Hi guys, I am part of the digital marketing and communications team at Keele University. As Digital Ambassador, my role is to create content for the university social media channels and work on university marketing and recruitment campaigns.

I am a third year student in Media, Communications and Culture AND Music therefore if you have any university, course or lifestyle related questions do not hesitate and ask!

Hi! Is there any photos of catered ensuite accommodation at Hawthorns? What about the common area and bar? Thanks :tongue:
I have received an unconditional offer by the university but I haven't accepted as I am waiting for other universities to respond. I was wondering when is the deadline to apply for accommodation?
Reply 14
Quick question: if I choose Keele as my insurance choice, can I still apply for on-campus accommodation?
Original post by teresa920717
I have received an unconditional offer by the university but I haven't accepted as I am waiting for other universities to respond. I was wondering when is the deadline to apply for accommodation?

The deadline to apply for accommodation is the 31st May.

Original post by Maria_Z
Quick question: if I choose Keele as my insurance choice, can I still apply for on-campus accommodation?

Yes, you will need to apply by the deadline (31st May) even if Keele is your insurance choice University.

More useful links on accommodation can be found here http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/howtoapply/
A handy set of FAQs on Applying for Accommodation can also be found on our webpages: http://www.keele.ac.uk/estates/accommodation/faqs/applingforaccommodation/

Illana (Residence Support)
Hi, which halls are girls only?

Ian

Kimmy

Hi, I firmed my unconditional for the science foundation year for biochemistry, but I'm interested in doing a dual honours with computer science, when would I need to tell the university that I want to do this. Also when do you have to pay the accommodation deposit by.
Reply 18
So we have until 7th May to receive an offer... is it likely were unsuccessful as it's cutting it close. For adult nursing sept 2015. Thanks
I put keele as my insurance. If i apply for accommodation, do i have to pay the deposit right now or later.

Quick Reply

Latest