The Student Room Group

Should an independent Scotland adopt a different language?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
im not sharing with them, they are sharing with us. bastards.

Ah right.

Thats how sharing works.
Original post by Quady
Ah right.

Thats how sharing works.

why r u a scot supporter u traitor
Reply 22
why r u a scot supporter u traitor

Money obviously. If Scotland goes independent I'll get minted.
Original post by Quady
Money obviously. If Scotland goes independent I'll get minted.

how
Reply 24
how

You're 'Makaveli The Don' and cant work out how to make money in a newly formed state?

Ameteur.

They'll need to setup new Government funtions. Plenty of contractor work if you have the right skills.
Original post by Quady
You're 'Makaveli The Don' and cant work out how to make money in a newly formed state?

Ameteur.

They'll need to setup new Government funtions. Plenty of contractor work if you have the right skills.

i make money thru other means if you get me :wink:
Original post by Maker
I was thinking Scottish Gaelic or French.

Scotland and France are united in their hatred of the English and lots of Scottish words come from the French like dour and Scottish Gaelic is the native language of the Scots.

You can't just make people learn a new language! (some people will only ever have spoken English). Plus, loads of people in other countries speak English, it's much more common and accessible than Scottish Gaelic?

Are you saying that you're a prostitute?

All you Scots refusing to learn and speak exclusively in Gaelic are disgusting traitors against Scotland. Why don't you go and run on back to Mr. Darling?
Original post by tomfailinghelp

All you Scots refusing to learn and speak exclusively in Gaelic are disgusting traitors against Scotland. Why don't you go and run on back to Mr. Darling?

So are you saying that people who live in a country should only speak that one language?
#logic
Original post by lightningdoritos
So are you saying that people who live in a country should only speak that one language?
#logic

I was mocking the attitude of Nationalist who are so eager to refer to everyone who isn't violently pro-Yes as a traitor :wink: wasn't a serious comment mate
Reply 30

£700/day?

Cool.

go suck salmond ya prick

Original post by Quady
£700/day?

Cool.

what do u know about me fam
Reply 32
I was mocking the attitude of Nationalist who are so eager to refer to everyone who isn't violently pro-Yes as a traitor :wink: wasn't a serious comment mate

Likewise for Unionists...
Original post by Quady
Likewise for Unionists...

Today is genuinely the first time I've ever heard a Unionist accuse someone of being a traitor in this campaign, I really don't think the two cases are similar.
Reply 34
Today is genuinely the first time I've ever heard a Unionist accuse someone of being a traitor in this campaign, I really don't think the two cases are similar.

A good few from North England and Wales have to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending