The Student Room Group

worst subject you've picked?

i'm in year 11 and i regret picking french it's killing me (ps any tips on how to ace the subject?)

but i'm wondering what's the worst subject that you've picked?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by patronusleviosa
i'm in year 11 and i regret picking french it's killing me (ps any tips on how to ace the subject?)

My worst GCSE subject was definately history because there was a lot of stuff to remember. For french i suggest you learn alot of vocab-thats really it tbh.:smile:
I regret 3 of my subjects

History
Geography
Graphics
History.. I think it's only easier to understand and learn if you enjoy it. But as for me, I didn't like it so I found it difficult.
Reply 4
Geography.

Every lesson was spent working in groups and drawing stuff on tables which was uploaded to our Facebook group and then had us tagged.

What did I do? Sat there with this face :indiff:
Reply 5
i regret ict our school computer were **** and we couldnt do the work at home becuase we needed the same programs as our school computer unless it was microsft word or something. also in general it was ****
I absolutely hated Business Studies.. The lessons were so tedious and my class was atrocious :angry:
History what a god awful subject
ICT, that was death by Microsoft Office. All of the BS evaluation you had to do, it was horrible.

I wasn't too fond of history or German, but I really wasn't fond of my teachers, so I began to dread their lessons
I regret Music GCSE HUGELY. So much work, the exam was evil, and I only really did it because of my best friend at the time, who three months into the course decided she didn't like me and therefore my life was a misery for the rest of the course. :tongue:
french definitely
Reply 11
A-level ICT was pretty rubbish. Basically 2 years of the same stuff I did in my GNVQ's at GCSE level. :rolleyes:
I loathed Business Studies (and also my teacher for that subject too)
A level psychology. Took up so much time, didn't really enjoy it, and I could have done physics instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TIPS:

- Learn the vocab! I did edexcel and the syllabus came with a vocab list for all the topic areas i.e. Home and Abroad. This will make the reading test a lot easier and expands your vocab for the writing.

-Practise listening to french. It may be hard at first but continually practising makes a world of difference.

-Listen to french music, provided you have the time. This is sort of a relaxation/revision activity.

-Collect some grammatical and structure based sentences that will impress your examiner. Play with your tenses (accurately).

-Reading and writing were the easiest for me... listening and speaking, not so much...make sure you can do all Four.

i'm wondering what's the worst subject that you've picked?

Geography-- HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT. Do what you enjoy! Don't count on a teacher to make a subject interesting for you...:eek4:

I hated French as well because it requires too much remembering things, and is just in general not an interesting subject to revise for.

Didn't like Biology or ICT either.
Original post by happyflappy
TIPS:

- Learn the vocab! I did edexcel and the syllabus came with a vocab list for all the topic areas i.e. Home and Abroad. This will make the reading test a lot easier and expands your vocab for the writing.

-Practise listening to french. It may be hard at first but continually practising makes a world of difference.

-Listen to french music, provided you have the time. This is sort of a relaxation/revision activity.

-Collect some grammatical and structure based sentences that will impress your examiner. Play with your tenses (accurately).

-Reading and writing were the easiest for me... listening and speaking, not so much...make sure you can do all Four.

Geography-- HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT. Do what you enjoy! Don't count on a teacher to make a subject interesting for you...:eek4:

thanks for the tips! i got the french revision guide by edexcel. i absolutely hate french speaking so much pressure, especially with a teacher sitting in front of you. writing is fine for me got a B and an A HAVE NO IDEA HOW.

I didn't pick geography :beard: because I got put off with the amount of case studies
i have no idea why i picked french, i originally wanted to pick spanish because it's so much easier than french but i couldn't because it clashed with history (a subject that i wouldn't drop at all) EVERYONE HERE HATES HISTORY i guess it depends if you actually have a lot of interest towards it. i find french difficult and it doesn't interest me hence the reason why it's the worst subject i've picked.
I really REALLY regret doing double languages (GCSE French and Italian). Oh my gosh! I'm really good at those subjects, don't get me wrong but I am very scared about the speaking and the languages are so similar I am deathly afraid of speaking French during an Italian speaking exam or vice versa. I wish I had done one language and Geography instead but ah well...I love languages and I want to learn them fluently and some day learn Spanish too.
anything with the word " BTEC " I hated

Quick Reply

Latest