The Student Room Group

Prevent population from increasing

I believe there should be a Government policy/initiative to try and prevent the UK population from increasing. Why do we want less and less space per person?? What is the point? Things like water supplies are fixed, land is fixed- the more people in this country, the less physical resources to be shared amongst the population.

Also, I really dont want to be concreting over the countryside just because Eastern Europe is a complete dump/Europe is in a recession and they all want to live here......

We can't just keep letting our population increase- its insane!

(No nonsense about requiring immigrants to fund the NHS- immigrants grow old too and your argument causes an exponential population increase. We obviously spend too much on public services compared to what our population level can afford).
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

As we have seen in the news recently,
people would rather allow mass rape and the destruction of their country rather than be called politically incorrect or offend someone by calling for population control.

The solution to this is UKIP
Reply 2
Original post by democracyforum
As we have seen in the news recently,
people would rather allow mass rape and the destruction of their country rather than be called politically incorrect or offend someone by calling for population control.

The solution to this is UKIP

Agree totally
Original post by billydisco
I believe there should be a Government policy/initiative to try and prevent the UK population from increasing. Why do we want less and less space per person?? What is the point? Things like water supplies are fixed, land is fixed- the more people in this country, the less physical resources to be shared amongst the population.

Also, I really dont want to be concreting over the countryside just because Eastern Europe is a complete dump/Europe is in a recession and they all want to live here......

(No nonsense about requiring immigrants to fund the NHS- immigrants grow old too and your argument causes an exponential population increase. We obviously spend too much on public services compared to what our population level can afford).

Good luck trying to force millions of people not to breed.
Original post by SHallowvale
Good luck trying to force millions of people not to breed.

Ignoring the fact that it has actually been done.
Original post by Gwilym101
Ignoring the fact that it has actually been done.

It hasn't worked very well.
Voting in UKIP would definitely decrease population.

as I would leave.

Immediately.
Reply 7

it worked too well in some parts of china, just google it.
Reply 8
Original post by Rosasaurr
Voting in UKIP would definitely decrease population.

as I would leave.

Immediately.

+1 imaginary rep

Well china's rate of population growth has slowed and is expected to stop in ten years. India's population is expected to surpass it by 2027 at the latest.
Well china's rate of population growth has slowed and is expected to stop in ten years. India's population is expected to surpass it by 2027 at the latest.

Indians need to be colonialised and taught how to treat women.
Someone has been watching too much of the series Utopia.
As above: UKIP in, me out... probably to Spain or some other nice European country.
Original post by Malorys ballsack
Indians need to be colonialised and taught how to treat women.

India needs its caste system dismantled and what it attempts to pass off as an infrastructure being rebuilt from the ground up. It doesn't need colonisation, not that that'll ever happen.
Original post by hellodave5
Someone has been watching too much of the series Utopia.
As above: UKIP in, me out... probably to Spain or some other nice European country.

Spain? You want to be homeless or something?
Original post by billydisco

If people actually cared about the countryside or even went to the countryside that often then the land would be far valuable. The reality is that no one gives two hoots.

They only care when they want to stop immigrants coming in.
India needs its caste system dismantled and what it attempts to pass off as an infrastructure being rebuilt from the ground up. It doesn't need colonisation, not that that'll ever happen.

Lmao you think they'll do this themselves? Greed and corruption prevent any of this being done. They should be forced to get their **** together (literally by building sewers)
Original post by Malorys ballsack
Lmao you think they'll do this themselves? Greed and corruption prevent any of this being done.

Greed and corruption prevent anything from being done, until someone comes along and does it anyway.

India however is a nuclear power, so no one is going to colonise it.
Greed and corruption prevent anything from being done, until someone comes along and does it anyway.

India however is a nuclear power, so no one is going to colonise it.

If we send in troops for a quick victory they won't suspect we're that stupid.
Original post by louieee
it worked too well in some parts of china, just google it.

Fair enough.

The OP wants the UK government to halt population growth almost entirely. It was that point that I was trying to respond to.
Fair enough.

The OP wants the UK government to halt population growth almost entirely. It was that point that I was trying to respond to.

We could do it by making other countries more attractive...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending