The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Room available in Hyde park area due to gap year

[INDENT]Hi, I have a double room to rent in a 6 bed student house with a mix of 2 male and 3 female students aged around 19-20, all a very friendly group. I'd originally rented the room for my daughter who is in her 2nd year at Leeds Uni, but she has now decided to take a year out, so I'm looking for someone to take over the room from now until the end of June 2015. It's a good quality house in Delph Lane, LS6. The cost I am paying is £95 a week including bills but you are welcome to it for £90 a week and I will pay the difference to the landlord. Please feel free to contact me with any questions and to have a look round the house and meet some of the people. Thanks, Clive[/INDENT]
Hi Clive

I am a 22 years old andabout to start my final year at Leeds University. I am interested in the doubleroom you have available and wondered if you could send me any furtherinformation (and pictures if possible) of the room and the facilities in thehouse.

Many thanks

Katie

The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi Clive

I am a 22 years old and about to start my final year at Leeds University. I am interested in the double room you have available and wondered if you could send me any further information (and pictures if possible) of the room and the facilities in the house.

Many thanks

Katie Humphries
Reply 3
Original post by KatielHumphries
Hi Clive

I am a 22 years old andabout to start my final year at Leeds University. I am interested in the doubleroom you have available and wondered if you could send me any furtherinformation (and pictures if possible) of the room and the facilities in thehouse.

Many thanks

Katie

Hi Katie - yes I have some pics my daughter took and I can send more info - not sure how to get them to you as I don't think I can post the pics or my email address in this thread.
i will try and send you a private message on the forum and see if that works!
Cheers
clive
Reply 4
Original post by CliveB
Hi Katie - yes I have some pics my daughter took and I can send more info - not sure how to get them to you as I don't think I can post the pics or my email address in this thread.

Hi Katie - I have tried sending you a private message with my email and phone number on as I think that's how we have to exchange contact details. If you don't get that, please let me know. In the meantime I've put some more info below:

What would you like to know? I've guessed at some bits below:[INDENT][INDENT]- I originally rented the room for my daughter who was going to be in her 2 nd year. We rented the room up until he end of June next year, along with the other housemates as that is the standard contract months. My daughter is taking a year out now, so doesn't need the room, so we are responsible for paying for the room until we can find someone else to take it on, from now until end June.
[/INDENT][INDENT]- we have a few pictures that took when she looked round the house - just pictures taken from her phone so they don't really do justice to the house but they give an indication so you can see it's not old/ tiny - it's quite a decent size, and the bedrooms are all big doubles. I'll send the pictures in 2 separate emails, as they were too big to all go in one file.
[/INDENT][INDENT]- location is in Hyde Park area, Delph Lane LS6 2HU if you want to google it. It's about 15 mins walk to the uni.
[/INDENT][INDENT]- costs: it was £295 deposit and a fraction under £95 a week which is payable to the landlord ( not me - I will put you directly in contact with the landlord if you decide to go ahead). It is payable 3 months in advance, so a payment of £1225 is due on 23 rd September to cover the next 3 months till December. Then the next payment of £1225 is due 23 rd December and the final one on 23 rd march.
[/INDENT][INDENT]I've already paid up until 22nd sept, so if you move in before then, I don't want any money back. I'd also said in the message that I'll pay £5 a week towards the rent to get someone in there quickly which I think worked out at £195. I'm flexible how we would do that - I'll either give you a cheque or bank transfer if you moved in, or you can just pay £100 deposit to the landlord and I will pay the other £195 to the landlord and then when you finish next June you get the full £295 returned to you. I'm happy to discuss options.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Quick Reply

Latest