The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Joey_Johns
*smacks* - putting self down again.

*smacks you harder*

Tis true! I'm highly unlikely to meet most of the people who are coming here next year. I haven't even met the people who are here now.
Helenia
*smacks you harder*

Tis true! I'm highly unlikely to meet most of the people who are coming here next year. I haven't even met the people who are here now.

That is not the point. You put yourself down. *smacks* *sparkle*
Reply 22
Joey_Johns
That is not the point. You put yourself down. *smacks* *sparkle*

I didn't realise that wasn't allowed. It was a much shorter way of saying things than writing out all the stuff I like and what I think, for other people to either ignore, or read and think "one to avoid then." DazYa doesn't think I'm interesting, therefore it must be true :rolleyes:

*smack* now who's put down? *Twinkle*
Helenia
I didn't realise that wasn't allowed. It was a much shorter way of saying things than writing out all the stuff I like and what I think, for other people to either ignore, or read and think "one to avoid then." DazYa doesn't think I'm interesting, therefore it must be true :rolleyes:

*smack* now who's put down? *Twinkle*

Lol Dazya is funny. I think he has attention deficit disorder.

From what I know of you, you have similar interests to that of a pretty normal person at Cambridge and that includes a sudden liking for rowing :tongue:
Reply 24
Joey_Johns
Lol Dazya is funny. I think he has attention deficit disorder.

From what I know of you, you have similar interests to that of a pretty normal person at Cambridge and that includes a sudden liking for rowing :tongue:

I never said I was rowing :tongue: What on earth gave you that impression? *glitter*
Helenia
I never said I was rowing :tongue: What on earth gave you that impression? *glitter*

I know, just liking the damn sport. You defend it so much. I'd only go and watch it if free punch and pie was available :smile:
Reply 26
Joey_Johns
I know, just liking the damn sport. You defend it so much. I'd only go and watch it if free punch and pie was available :smile:

I defend it because I want to shut you up about rugby. :tongue: Dunno about free stuff, but it's worth watching on occasion with your friends, even if you do pour scorn on the sport. :rolleyes: Was at Clare boathouse today, getting lots of funny looks off the boaties (no, I wasn't rowing, that would have been even funnier).
Helenia
I defend it because I want to shut you up about rugby. :tongue: Dunno about free stuff, but it's worth watching on occasion with your friends, even if you do pour scorn on the sport. :rolleyes: Was at Clare boathouse today, getting lots of funny looks off the boaties (no, I wasn't rowing, that would have been even funnier).

Loitering around eh!? I have an RYA day skippers license, I actually enjoy sailing.
Reply 28
Joey_Johns
Loitering around eh!? I have an RYA day skippers license, I actually enjoy sailing.

No, I wasn't loitering. I was sanding down and painting the CUSAGC (Scout and Guide club) punt with the rest of the club, only I'm the only member from Clare who was there, so I got all the funny looks because they only recognised me!

I quite like sailing, but never really got into it loads. Kayaking is actually my thing, but haven't done it for ages.
Helenia
No, I wasn't loitering. I was sanding down and painting the CUSAGC (Scout and Guide club) punt with the rest of the club, only I'm the only member from Clare who was there, so I got all the funny looks because they only recognised me!

I quite like sailing, but never really got into it loads. Kayaking is actually my thing, but haven't done it for ages.

I've been doing a bit recently, although I do live next to Southampton Marina. My mate is like world champion at canoeing or something, I know there are a load of different classes though and I don't have a clue which one :tongue:
Reply 30
Joey_Johns
I've been doing a bit recently, although I do live next to Southampton Marina. My mate is like world champion at canoeing or something, I know there are a load of different classes though and I don't have a clue which one :tongue:

That's cool, and yes, there are loads of different classes for kayaking competitions. I'm not in any of them :biggrin:

Is there a beach in Southampton? When I went there all I saw was harbour.

Gosh, drifting off topic here...
Helenia
That's cool, and yes, there are loads of different classes for kayaking competitions. I'm not in any of them :biggrin:

Is there a beach in Southampton? When I went there all I saw was harbour.

Gosh, drifting off topic here...

No, just a dock and a marina. Its only 20 mins away from beaches though. Bournemouth et al. Yes, we should stop posting crap now.
Reply 32
Joey_Johns
No, just a dock and a marina. Its only 20 mins away from beaches though. Bournemouth et al. Yes, we should stop posting crap now.

Yep, night night. *sparkle*

Hey - this has at least allowed people coming to Cambridge next year to see how easily distracted I can be!
Reply 33
Hi i'm Priya, i'll be studying German and Italian (MML) at Sidney in october hopefully. i don't consider myself a very interesting person to be honest-i'm a bit of a butterfly when it comes to interests and hobbies and stuff like that. i do like drama and acting though, did a production of Into The Woods (sondheim) last year with school - would have been in Les Mis this year, if it weren't for our headteacher. :mad:
as for sport- well i used to do a bit of trampolining and badminton- not that great at badminton though. love going swimming though, it rocks :smile: apart from that i regard sport as evil..... into mainly chart music, leaning towards RnB moreso than others, although i have a soft spot for the Goo Goo Dolls as well :smile:
um what else...i'm eternally hungry, i like goin cruisin on a nice sunny day (which happens to be today, so woo!) i like art, i like reading.....thats it really?
oh yeah i'm a huge party animal as well- i'l be the mad hyperactive one (if such a role exists at sidney) abd i'll try and bring fun and madness to all your lives :smile:
Reply 34
My name is Geoff.....and i hope to be studying law at Gonville & Caius college this October.

To describe myself...i'd say short and chinese about sums it up...:tongue:. I'm relatively easy-going and laid-back, enjoy a laugh, and above all i love my friends...don't know what i'd do without them.

I absolutely love music....both listening to and playing it....I play the piano and the saxophone, and i listen to almost all types of music, mainly rock, just not dancey/trancey stuff...it just doesn't appeal to me.

I enjoy sports as well, rugby (union), cricket, football...almost anything.

Erm....what else??? I really have a mental block actually....i'll edit my post if something pops into my head later.

For now....hope to see everyone at Cam!

G
Reply 35
I'm Ying, hopefully studying NatSci at New Hall coming October (grades!) I'm going to take Cells, Chemistry and Physiology. There is a chance that I will be doing more chemistry than biology but I'm not totally sure yet!

I'm a rower (more specifically a single sculler). I only started in the easter term of L6, so I'm not very good yet. Hopefully I'm going on a few races this term-- just to gain experience, since everyone will have been doing it for like 2 years more than me and will just zip past! I also do taekwondo. I don't really see myself as very sporty, but that is a relative measure.

I play the piano and occassionally sound musical.

And I write stuff that is sometimes poetic. For some strange reason I like learning favourite bits of poetry by heart.

I think I sound wierd enough now... more basic stuff about me: I come from Hong Kong, and I look forward to meet other people (normal or otherwise) at Cam!

Ying
Reply 36
priya
Hi i'm Priya

Why do we seem to be the only two 2004 Sidneyites who can work a computer? :biggrin: :frown:
Everyone seems far more interesting than me but here goes! I'm ellie and will hopefully be doing biological natsci next year at Trinity Hall as long as I get myself motivated enough to do some work. I like reading but don't usually have much time to, have just finished The Lovely Bones which is really sad but good, favourite books include His Dark Materials, The Book of the New Sun (Gene Wolf), Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and Lord of the Rings (very predictable choice I know!). I don't like computer games unlike a lot of the people who have posted on here but my brothers are always trying to make me play Halo and other games involving random killing. I'm pretty hopeless at most sports (but played netball and hockey when quite a lot younger) but do occasionally drag myself to the gym (don't particularly like the rowing machines but may be converted into liking rowing once I get to cambridge).

I'm very into lots of music but don't play any instruments, favourite bands include Placebo, the Darkness, Muse, Stereophonics, Incubus, Coldplay, Ash, Faithless, Alanis Morisette, the Hives, Siouxie and the banshees, and lots of others that I can't think of right now. I love going to music festivals (apart from the toilets there), have been to glastonbury the last few years and it really has to be one of the best places in the world (but was devastated not to get a ticket this year after spending all night trying and mananging to get tickets for the rest of my family so they're going without me!). Going to Reading this year instead which seems to have a good line up but I doubt the atmosphere will match Glasto. In terms of hobbies I just seem to spend most of my free time in pubs, going clubbing and to parties and don't really do much constructive, but have been learning sign language for the past year for no particular reason and like to draw and paint when I have time.

I'm very opinionated on most things, am vegetarian and politically I am fairly left. I have very boring brown hair (although it had bright blue streaks in when i went for my cam interview), brown eyes, height is around 5 10 and weigh around 9-9 +half stone but not really sure because there are no scales that work in my house. My school is comprehensive and i'm the only one to have an offer for oxbridge this year wich means quite a lot of pressure, and tend to be either loved or hated by most teachers (have been told several times that I have an 'offhand attitude' and 'hippysish tendencies' which is quite amusing). Anyway I think thats probably it about me, I will probably remember more stuff later.
I can't be bothered with an essay.

Nicola
Engineering
St Catharines
Like to sing and hope to join a choir
Also like to act and hope to be in some music/drama related societies
Like tennis and badminton but am awful at both.
Love to procrastinate (St Cats is close to the shopping centre...hmmm...)
Spend too much time on the internet and not enough time working.
Like to go out and am very lightweight.
Am addicted to Chinese food.
Music taste similar to devilschild but have never been to a festival (and am jealous of those who have!)

Also the only person from my (bog standard comprehensive) school this year (they normally have 2 or 3 at least) But not really feeling the pressure at the moment as My AS-level marks were all 90-95 percent-ish, so I only need to get Cs and Bs on my A2 papers.
priya
- would have been in Les Mis this year, if it weren't for our headteacher. :mad:

What happened with the headteacher? I played Mme Thenardier in March at our school :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending