The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
figgetyfig
Love to procrastinate (St Cats is close to the shopping centre...hmmm...)

This is why i moved myself away from the centre after first year! My DoS was not pleased by my first year exam performance.
Faboba
Why do we seem to be the only two 2004 Sidneyites who can work a computer? :biggrin: :frown:

I seem to be the only (future, admittedly) Selwynite on the forum, to think urselves lucky :frown:
Reply 42
I'm going to break my rule about no conversation in the thread, just like most of the people here have done :rolleyes:

figgetyfig
What happened with the headteacher? I played Mme Thenardier in March at our school :smile:

I would love to play any part in Les Mis. There 's just the small problem of not being able to sing :tongue: Didn't stop me from getting the part of Pharoah in Joseph in Year 6 at school. I've only seen Les Mis once but I've got the tape and when I was younger I listened to it loads. One day more is class and the Thenardiers are so funny.

It's amazing how many people on here have read the same books as me. For those who haven't guessed it, I also like Lord of the Rings and the Hitchiker's Guide. Nice to know I'm not alone!

I am also an Explorer Scout (watch everyone suddenly disappear now I've mentioned that!) See Helenia, you are not alone either!

I'd like to meet loads of new people at Cam. We'll have to organise a UKL get-together there nearer the time.
androidkiller

It's amazing how many people on here have read the same books as me. For those who haven't guessed it, I also like Lord of the Rings and the Hitchiker's Guide. Nice to know I'm not alone!

Maybe its a Cambridge thing, but I'm into the Hitch Hikers Guide too. I've just finished rereading the increasingly inaccurately named 'trilogy'
I like Lord of the Rings as well, but not as much H H G.

Also the UKL get-together sounds like a good idea!
Yea, Hitchhiker's does it for me too. My friend who's got in Cam to do maths also likes it and our maths teacher who went to Cam does as well. I'm seeing a pattern here.

I'd go for a UK-L get together too, sounds like a decent idea.

I played Valjean in our production of Les Mis, was the best show i've ever done. It's probably the thing i'll remember for a long time to come. :smile:
Guess where my username is from...
Hmm, that's a hard one!!! Now, let me guess. Could it possibly be The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy could it?
Reply 47
Pollo Loco
Hmm, that's a hard one!!! Now, let me guess. Could it possibly be The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy could it?

Wow...no wonder you got into Cambridge.
"Have faith", Old Thrashbarg said, "or burn!"
H&E
Wow...no wonder you got into Cambridge.

I know it's good isn't it!?! :tongue:
Reply 50
devilschild
I don't like computer games unlike a lot of the people who have posted on here but my brothers are always trying to make me play Halo and other games involving random killing.

There's nothing random if you're playing it right :biggrin:

I'm very into lots of music but don't play any instruments, favourite bands include Placebo, the Darkness, Muse, Stereophonics, Incubus, Coldplay, Ash, Faithless, Alanis Morisette, the Hives, Siouxie and the banshees, and lots of others that I can't think of right now.

Hazaah! Someone who doesn't like dance and r&b. I was beginning to lose all hope. ( Nothing personal Priya :wink: )

I'm very opinionated on most things, am vegetarian and politically I am fairly left. I have very boring brown hair, brown eyes....

Cool! I like this. Everyone reminds me in different ways.

although it had bright blue streaks in when i went for my cam interview

Shreek! And to think I put off dyeing mine BLACK for a week because I was worried it would look bad at my interview.

I have an 'offhand attitude' and 'hippysish tendencies' which is quite amusing.

Offhand? That's a new one for me. Any idea what they mean? Lacidasical? Recalcitrant? Obtuse?
Reply 51
Faboba

Hazaah! Someone who doesn't like dance and r&b. I was beginning to lose all hope. ( Nothing personal Priya :wink: )
QUOTE]

oi watch it you :tongue:

i must be the only cam offer-holder who has't read HHG- i have heard lotsd about it though, after i finish the lovely bones/waterland its my next mission
Reply 52
oh and faboba- it does indeed appear that we are the only ones who arw vaguely computer-literate- either that or the other sidneyites are too busy doing other interesting things to come on *educational* forums.....:tongue:

whoever is going to selwyn, u aren't the only one,i know a dude called raj going there to do german and french- he's on these forums he just doesnt post much :tongue:.
Reply 53
figgetyfig
What happened with the headteacher? I played Mme Thenardier in March at our school :smile:

she doesn't let upper 6th take part in school productions because it *ahem* interferes with out alevels. whereas we're allowed to do it in yr 12, and the boys school who we do it with are allowed to do it in both years (cos their law teacher directs/produces it) yes she's kinda senseless in imposing that rule- as a result loads of us either wangled our way onto backstage/music/technical assistants, and others went and did plays outside of school.

personally i think we should do our own production of Les Mis if we all make it to Cam- my voice isn't brilliant but it'll do i spose-i'd love to be Mme Thenardier, must have been so much fun playing her!
Reply 54
Well, I've read Hitchhiker, but I'm more of a Discworld fan, myself. At the moment I'm on a Patricia Cornwell spree :biggrin:

priya
personally i think we should do our own production of Les Mis if we all make it to Cam- my voice isn't brilliant but it'll do i spose-i'd love to be Mme Thenardier, must have been so much fun playing her!

Ooooh ooh ooh! Bagsy Eponine!
Helenia
Well, I've read Hitchhiker, but I'm more of a Discworld fan, myself. At the moment I'm on a Patricia Cornwell spree :biggrin:

Ooooh ooh ooh! Bagsy Eponine!

I've completed the discworld I and II games on the PC, or me and my friends with the aid of the internet did. Does that count? I'm too lazy to read fiction books, they don't do it for me.
Reply 56
priya
oh and faboba- it does indeed appear that we are the only ones who arw vaguely computer-literate- either that or the other sidneyites are too busy doing other interesting things to come on *educational* forums.....:tongue:

It seems to be just me and theone who are going to Trinity.

Loads of Hitchiker's and Discworld fans here (including me) - the secret of getting to Cam? Perhaps since Discworld covers so many topics (Religion, Science, Politics etc.) people who read it are more open minded and can discuss problems better.
Or perhaps we can just recognise good books, lol!

I'd be ValJean in Les Mis, if I could sing! That'd be so funny though, UKL presents Les Miserables!
androidkiller
It seems to be just me and theone who are going to Trinity.

Loads of Hitchiker's and Discworld fans here (including me) - the secret of getting to Cam? Perhaps since Discworld covers so many topics (Religion, Science, Politics etc.) people who read it are more open minded and can discuss problems better.
Or perhaps we can just recognise good books, lol!

I'd be ValJean in Les Mis, if I could sing! That'd be so funny though, UKL presents Les Miserables!

Trust me, valjean is the part to end all parts. I'd like to do someone different, Javert perhaps. We have several versions of our school show on DVD. The one the school did is exceptionally good.
Reply 58
we did it aswell! it was AMAZING! i was in it, but only as a small soloist and chorus! we've got it on DVD aswell!! yeh our production was AMAZING, we got a standing auvation at the end of every peformance (and our audiences are ronound for NEVER giving standing ovations!) we had someone who used to play fantine in the westend come see it and she was gobsmacked! (dont mean to boast tho but it was just amazing to be part of) our lead roles esp were jus bloomin amazing.
Reply 59
Joey_Johns
I've completed the discworld I and II games on the PC, or me and my friends with the aid of the internet did. Does that count? I'm too lazy to read fiction books, they don't do it for me.

No, it doesn't :tongue:

Emzie - I'd love to do a performance of Les Mis but at home there just aren't enough decent singers, particularly boys, to do it (Valjean is a damn hard part to sing, as is Javert, and Marius, while less demanding, is still quite high). But if we're doing a UKL version, I get Eponine :biggrin: although I might have to join in the "Lovely Ladies" at the start :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending