The Student Room Group

[term paper topic selection] electronics ANDOR computer science

Hello all,
I am required to do a term paper in any subject I wish to and I chose Electronics, Computer Science because it excites me. I've been looking for a topic that has a lot of scope to do research on [more theory, less practical (non-existent)].

We don't have very strict rules in my college and a lot of my batch-mates are blatantly plagiarising off the internet. I don't want to do that because I find it terrible even if we all do end up with the same grade. I don't mind putting in the extra effort for the pleasure it might give me. People have taken generic topics like 'nanotechnology' and 'robotics' and plan to just copypasta Wikipedia or something. Shudder.

ANYWAY.

I have been looking for something interesting all day and my leads on a topic are:

Photonic Integrated Circuits

Fiber Optic Sensing / Smarter sensors in the future [Vertical Farming, Driverless cars, Smart Wearables, etc.]

Can you think of a topic that is more focused than just a phrase/terminology? I was looking into technology that has the potential to replace or improve conventional norms and technology.

Is there anything else along the same lines?

thanks!
Reply 1
Neural networks/machine learning? Hell of a lot of theory you can discuss there, lots that hasn't been implemented/developed yet. Could mention lots more topics but these sprang to mind.

Quick Reply

Latest