The Student Room Group

Are they really my friends?

During this summer I've only seen 1-2 of my friends. I have a few more but I've not seen them for around 8 months now. None of them seem to contact me to ask how I am or to hang out. Another issue is that the friends I have seen hang around with this group of friends as I've seen pictures of them.I feel depressed as my friends are not inviting me and not contacting me. Any advice on what I should do?
Reply 1
Maybe try to contact them through social networks like facebook? I also haven't really seen many of my friends either but sometimes I would just message them asking how they are and what they've been up to this summer, and most of the time we just fall back easily into normal conversation like other friends, what they're doing, family, things to do and so on.

I guess my advice would to just make small talk first, maybe go out for coffee to catch up over a meal?
Reply 2
Original post by jenny07
Maybe try to contact them through social networks like facebook? I also haven't really seen many of my friends either but sometimes I would just message them asking how they are and what they've been up to this summer, and most of the time we just fall back easily into normal conversation like other friends, what they're doing, family, things to do and so on.

I guess my advice would to just make small talk first, maybe go out for coffee to catch up over a meal?

I would but in the past I've started the conversation so it should be them that should contact me but they have not.
Original post by Anonymous
I would but in the past I've started the conversation so it should be them that should contact me but they have not.

If you haven't seen each other for 8 months & want to see them, just message them! I hadn't spoken to my college friends since last summer but we're meeting up next week. It can be hard to take the initiative to rekindle a friendship but once you see each other again, if you're truly friends, it's like you were never apart. So just message them, you have nothing to lose.
They're either lazy to contact you or just forgot about you

Get new pals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending