The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Commuting Cardiff to Swansea

Is anyone going to be living in Cardiff while studying at Swansea? I'm planning on getting the train but I'd like to drive some of the time if I can find someone to share the cost. Get in touch if you're interested!
Original post by camca
Is anyone going to be living in Cardiff while studying at Swansea? I'm planning on getting the train but I'd like to drive some of the time if I can find someone to share the cost. Get in touch if you're interested!

Hi, I will be coming back to Cardiff on the weekends (probably come home Thursday/Friday and go back Monday morning. I was planning on getting the bus/train but I would be interested spliting costs if you were driving?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
hi i would be coming back on the weekend and would love to share the cost with you i was going to be traveling by bus and by train and would probably be coming back on friday and returning monday let me know if the offer still stands ?
Reply 3
I'll also be coming back to Cardiff on the weekends - at the moment I'm planning on using the Greyhound bus for the commute back and forth.
Reply 4
I'm more looking for someone to share lifts back and forth on the same day occasionally rather than one way at weekends.

How much does the Greyhound cost? There's a service bus that goes between Cardiff and Swansea which I'm pretty sure is included in the First bus pass that they sell in the Students Union for getting around Swansea and South Wales. It's a bit pricey though, something like £300 for the year.
Reply 5
If I recall correctly, one way Swansea-Cardiff (or vice versa) is £3. And yeah, the Greyhound is included in that First Bus Pass but only off-peak (after 11am).
Reply 6
I commute! I have my driving test in a few months so using public transport atm.. how often are you in uni?
Does anyone have their timetables yet?
Reply 8
Hello, I'm in Brackla near Bridgend. I'll be going to Swansea Met pretty much everyday for the next month. Then I'll be out on placement somewhere. I'll be catching the bus but would quite happily split the cost with you in the car. Providing the offer is still available.
Reply 9
Hey, I'll be commuting from Bridgend to Swansea so, a heads up, if you're ever on the train & you see someone sleeping/ looking half alive (particularly in the morning) then that most probs is me :') Ok I admit that may seem a little weird-introductions aren't my 'strong point'...anyway, if you're still looking at doing a sort of car share thing then I'd be more than happy to share the costs, if you haven't already sorted anything out already :smile:
When is this for? Are you currently studying at swansea? I commute by car everyday from Cardiff to Swansea uni. Get into uni for 9am and leave in the evening normally 4-7pm. Get in touch if you want to sort something

Quick Reply

Latest