The Student Room Group

Girls, would you marry or be in a relationship with a type 1 diabetic?

Hi,

I wanted to ask if girls would get married to a guy who is a type 1 diabetic?
He has to inject himself 3-4 times a day. It can be a bit tricky sometimes but if he takes care of himself, keeps fit, organises himself and works, would you marry one?

Just asking. Im a type 1 diabetic myself.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed-7
Hi,

He has to inject himself 3-4 times a day. It can be a bit tricky sometimes but if he takes care of himself, keeps fit, organises himself and works, would you marry one?

Thanks.

Yeah I'm sure a girl would marry a type 1 diabetic. It's not that big of a deal in my opinion. It's one of the least factors that will determine if a girl marries a guy. So...yep! :biggrin:
Yes I would. I don't see why not if I love them as a person.
Reply 3
Hi,

Thanks.

Yeh sure, I would! i don't think illness should be put in the way of who you like or want to marry :biggrin:
Hardly makes a difference.
Reply 5
Agree with what all the other girls say, it is not the determining factor for marriage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sure, wouldn't make a difference.
Reply 8
Yes I would happily but i don't think the guy would have te ability to put up with me lol I would be one of those that would make sure the injections were taken good but a bad thing cos guys tend not to want girls fussin over them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi,

Thanks.

Not a girl, but I can answer an emphatic, yes. As all the type 1 diabetics I know are married. Don't fret about this..
Reply 10
Yeah, this is not a thing. Unless the girl was absolutely mortified at any use of needles, it wouldn't be a problem.
I'm a pharmacy student, 'course I would. I imagine it'd be more trouble the other way around, I'd just nag all the time. And lecture them about receptors and science nonsense. Besides, the amount of sugar I eat I'm bound to end up a type 2 diabetic. I need to eat less sugar.
Thanks girls :smile:
Hi,

Thanks.

Yeah! Only someone unreasonable wouldnt
Hi,

Thanks.

I can't see why it would be a problem for the vast majority of people. I'm type 1 diabetic and I have been engaged (past tense, won't go there!) and Coeliac as well, so have to inject 4/5 times a day and analyse everything I eat. I still managed to find someone. A few someones!
Reply 15
Hi,

Thanks.

STAPH fishing for comments ya dawwwg :tongue:
Aw, of course. What does it matter?
Original post by Ronove
Yeah, this is not a thing. Unless the girl was absolutely mortified at any use of needles, it wouldn't be a problem.

I hate needles, but only when used on myself. On someone else they don't bother me. And yes, I would marry a type 1 diabetic :smile:
Course I would
My mum's type 1 diabetic so I guess he could sit and have that obligatory bonding session I've noticed occurs when two type 1 diabetics encounter each other- 'You can drink non-diet drinks?! No way!'

Quick Reply

Latest