The Student Room Group

Why hasn't there been any protests or rallys against the Police for Rotherham?

Quite odd as the police as quite hated. Any chance people get to slate them, they do.

Well - Theres deffinatley a time now, yet all I hear is silence. I see no child group activists getting wound up, no anti-police, no hippy liberals, nothing. Sounds like there's nothing to offend them here or something.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I am wondering this as well.

Note that the chief of South Yorkshire Police has not resigned yet, and has not been pushed yet. This makes me think that he is protected by the Council. And that makes me think several council members must have been actively involved in the abuse, and he knew about it and ignored it or actively enabled them. Scratch my back, I scratch yours sort of thing. What a ****hole Rotherham must be. Scum of the earth the lot of them, truly.

Shaun Wright, a former Labour councillor who was in charge of Rotherham children’s services during a five-year period when a blind eye was turned to the worst case of mass child abuse in British history, is now South Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Fear of racism perhaps.
Original post by Mackay
Fear of racism perhaps.

What?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386920/real-rape-culture-rich-lowry(Panaroma): author of a 2002 report to the Rotherham council on the scandal said her work was quashed. When she noted that the perpetrators were from the Pakistani community, a colleague told her “you must never refer to that again you must never refer to Asian men.” She was sent to diversity training and, by her account, nearly fired.

There is a political angle to this that keeps law makers (not on-the-beat-police), unable to take action - instead to go on a course.
Reminds me from a few years ago, that if men talk about domestic violence in a relationship with a women, the men are asked to go on a course where it is assumed that they started the violence - there was no equivalent course for women. (Gay/Lesbians have their own system) It is politically career limiting criticising other nations/religions, just like criticising women.

Despite my 'analytical views' on Feminis-m/ts, I'd back each one asking for justice. I want criminals in jail & vulnerable children protected. There will be a lot of scarred individuals growing up & feminists around the surrounding area wondering about their lack of justice/protection & disposability.
I used to work in Rotherham, but preffered commuting from Ecclesall Rd! :tongue:
It's not even shocking anymore. It should be, but it's not. Savile & co. might have desensitized people a bit.
Because the crimes were against white kids. If it was black kids being abused every shop within a 500 mile radius would be having a 100% off sale, the police would be rebranded as institutionally racist, and the white boogeyman would have been reinforced setting back race relations another 20 years, and all ills being blamed on the white man.

Its a touchy subject, but no one will do anything or protest because the moment you do you are an EDL supporting racist.

You raise a good point I hadn't thought of until this. If any other race or religion had been targeted by white people... And those victims had been ignored or not believed.... This would be 50 times worse. For a start the middle class left wingers would be involved because it would be page 1-45 in the Guardian.
Probably cuz no muslim cop was involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Because it happened a lifetime ago. I suppose people are not invested. Maybe rape isn't that much of big deal for some
Reply 9
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Quite odd as the police as quite hated. Any chance people get to slate them, they do.

Well - Theres deffinatley a time now, yet all I hear is silence. I see no child group activists getting wound up, no anti-police, no hippy liberals, nothing. Sounds like there's nothing to offend them here or something.

Why would there be? The Police havent done anything wrong. In my view they did as much as they could within the law to address the issues.

Police deal with real life,not namby pamby cotton wool wrapped issues that are discussed at cosy meetings by uber professionals who then all fook off home for a glass of pinot grigio at 4pm whilst real coppers are sifting ****e until the last drunk wanders home.
Reply 10
The same reasons why we wouldn't care if it happened in Sheffield.

Some of us have jobs (and are too busy), and don't feel the need to go on a protest.

Some of us don't care because it's Rotherham.

Some of us don't care because the law usually catches up with everyone.

Some of us don't care because of the odd media reporting.

Plus it's not big news over here. Nobody is talking about it.
Because it would be utterly pointless and accomplish nothing?
Typical English. They don't give a **** unless a different race is involved. They let their own people commit atrocities and sit by. No wonder Scotland want to break away from this horrible country. Bring on the day!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Truths
Because it happened a lifetime ago. I suppose people are not invested. Maybe rape isn't that much of big deal for some

It is also probably the ages of the female victims as well. Age plays a major factor in perception of child abuse by outsiders. For some reason people have this preconceived notion that girls over the age of 10 are complicit in some way of their own abuse, or they were asking for it in some way, victims of both sexes are even treated differently by Police and Child protection from the age of 10, and as you can see in this case, in the investigation it was discovered that police believed the children were 'undesirables' and 'slappers' not worthy of protection.
Reply 14
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Typical English. They don't give a **** unless a different race is involved. They let their own people commit atrocities and sit by. No wonder Scotland want to break away from this horrible country. Bring on the day!

They were a different race involved.

I wish Wales would follow them.
Original post by Scott.
They were a different race involved.

I wish Wales would follow them.

Then the English are racist and oppressive and don't give a **** about the place their own nation. I wish Wales would follow. The sooner the breakup. The sooner we can drag England kicking and screaming into full EU integration.
Original post by Huskaris
Because the crimes were against white kids. If it was black kids being abused every shop within a 500 mile radius would be having a 100% off sale, the police would be rebranded as institutionally racist, and the white boogeyman would have been reinforced setting back race relations another 20 years, and all ills being blamed on the white man.

Its a touchy subject, but no one will do anything or protest because the moment you do you are an EDL supporting racist.

You raise a good point I hadn't thought of until this. If any other race or religion had been targeted by white people... And those victims had been ignored or not believed.... This would be 50 times worse. For a start the middle class left wingers would be involved because it would be page 1-45 in the Guardian.

I could rep this post again and again.
Because the victims were white and the racist peadophiles were not.

The politically correct power structure which dominates british society is deeply hostile to the white majority. There have been small protests, but the same racist politically correct power structure which did nothing as white children were raped and tortured isn't going to give the protests any traction are they?

After Rotherham, white people now know how oppressive the state really is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Britain First rallied I think, or at least claimed to, against the police.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac

Technically it's Pakistani Muslims, not English or British people, although the police seem oddly cool about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending