The Student Room Group

Should I do a BTEC?

Ok! Sorry for the threads but this shall be the final one. Start next Wednesday, and my courses are:

English Lit (Love it)
History (Love it)
Film Studies (Gonna love it)
Philosophy (Gonna hate)

When I arrived for enrolment, I was upset to hear that Classics is no longer open, so after talking with teacher's, I was encouraged to do Philosophy. EVERYONE is telling me that I'm 'Perfect' for the course but funnily enough? I seriously have no interest in it at all. Not the least!
Heres where it gets complicated, I 100% want to change Philosophy, I wanted to do RS but its only Islamic Studies, I wish it wasn't limited to one Religion but it is. Another option is Geography, I am interested in it a little. Maths is not an option or any Sciences as I have no interest.

So if I change, it'll be:
English Lit
History
Film Studies
Classics/Geography

But now I'm wondering, Film studies. Is it worth it? I plan on becoming a History teacher, or working in film but I know getting a job in film will probably be incredibly hard and long. I WAS possibly considering changing it to Sports BTEC instead, I have a interest in the coaching aspect of sports, so my courses would possibly be:
English Lit
History
Geography/Classics
BTEC Sport

But I know Uni's look 'down' on certain courses, such as Film Studies also. This is all hypothetical, because I might be stuck with Philosophy but I'm really unsure what to do.
Reply 1
Not all Uni's look down on BTEC courses, especially when they are combined with other A-Levels, so their should be no problem if you get good grades.
I know a few people who have just finished their first year doing Film Studies and they all loved it.
The final set of subjects you listed sound good to me.
Reply 2
Thanks. It's just film is the 'fun' subject, it does tie into a potential career but sports will open coaching which ties in wonderfully to teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending