The Student Room Group

What is the most difficult GCSE?

Is it Latin?
Also is Latin > Greek?

Scroll to see replies

I'm in year 11 and currently I regret taking french, it's a subject that has a lot of grammar rules and can't ever get my head around it instantly. Writing is probably the easiest for me and speaking the hardest. Is latin easy for you? Any tips for reading and listening?
Hypothetical question.
Reply 3
English literature.
Reply 4
Original post by Manexopi
English literature.

That's not as difficult as Latin.
Reply 6
Well if you're sure it's Latin, why even ask. I never took Latin GCSE anyways I only did it for a year because I didn't give a damn about canis est in via or whatever lol
Reply 7
depends on who you are... if you grew up speaking Latin then it would be easy no? my friends who took latin said it was only the 3rd or 4th hardest and each found different subjects "hard". if you have difficulty reading, then english is hard. if you cant draw, then art is hard. its a matter of opinion...
Reply 8
Original post by kelefi
depends on who you are... if you grew up speaking Latin then it would be easy no? my friends who took latin said it was only the 3rd or 4th hardest and each found different subjects "hard". if you have difficulty reading, then english is hard. if you cant draw, then art is hard. its a matter of opinion...

No it is not a matter of opinion, no one is born speaking a dead language nowadays anyway.

I am talking about the overall pass rates, how much work you have to do and how many exams to get an idea of how difficult each subject is.
I'd say it's got to be a language. Latin sounds like a really good candidate.
Latin is really hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
I'd say it's got to be a language. Latin sounds like a really good candidate.

Your name means electricity in German.
I got an A in German :frown:
Was aiming for an A*
Oh well an A is fine.
From my own experience, art was murder and I really struggled with Spanish

That's about it really :3
Reply 13
I'm going into Year 11, next week.
But I've done multiple past papers for my subjects.

My personal hardest is Spanish. But that's because I don't listen or revise.

But other than that, I would say Sociology is quiet hard. I got an A in it.
But you need to remember a heck of a lot stuff, and you need to write quiet a lot and be able to write very fast, in order to get the sections done in time, so you can finish the paper.
The thing is we only did Unit 1.

During the real thing we will have to remember both Units 1 and 2.
(Two years worth of information)

Still a fun subject though.
I love it.
For me, art was the hardest and I really started to hate it towards the end of the year. I also found biology hard.
I'm aiming for an A :colondollar:
Original post by Strom
I'm aiming for an A :colondollar:

I got 260/300
Man I did amazing in the controlled assessments, but in the actual papers I got 48/60 A and 40/60 C so yeah D:
Still excellent.
I got a D in my first writing :colondollar: a C in my first speaking :colondollar: a D in my second writing :colondollar:

But do not FRET! I was a different person back then - lazy, unorganised, not as goodlooking

I needed to up my game.

I got an A in my most recent speaking :colone: It was a proud moment! An amazing though blundered into my face "What if I could get not a single B?!"

Now I'm aiming for 7 A*s! Hopefully at least 5.

How did you do?
GCSEs aren't difficult tbh
Original post by Sophsha
GCSEs aren't difficult tbh

Shots fired!

But seriously -
Just because you find something easy doesn't mean everyone else does too.

Quick Reply

Latest