The Student Room Group

Management and ...............psychology?

I'm starting an undergraduate course in management at Edinburgh uni and I have to choose some further modules.
Psychology seems really interesting to me, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to combine it with management.
What do you think about it?
Is Management & Psychology a good degree in terms of employability?
Of course it also depends on your grades, but that's just a general question.

I'm asking this because I'm also interested in other subjects, such as economics and IR.

Thank you!
Management and Psychology is good for Marketing, HR, in fact all kinds of management functions.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
Management and Psychology is good for Marketing, HR, in fact all kinds of management functions.

But would Management & Economics be a better combination to find a job in the marketing sector, than management & psychology degree?
Especially in terms of employability.

Obviously I need to choose the one that I like the most, but in this case I really like both of them, maybe psychology interests me a little bit more, as it's a totally different field.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by aless93
But would Management & Economics be a better combination to find a job in the marketing sector, than management & psychology degree?
Especially in terms of employability.

Obviously I need to choose the one that I like the most, but in this case I really like both of them, maybe psychology interests me a little bit more, as it's a totally different field.

In the marketing sector, I would think management and psychology would give you a better advantage in terms of understanding consumer behavior and advertising etc. You will still do basic economics as part of management & psychology course. That is not to say you won't get employed in a marketing field if you do management & economics either. A management course actually prepares one to appreciate lots of business and management issues that are also related to marketing, so in a way, one has a good start.

Just my opinion - if one does not intend to have a career that uses economics, why do so much of it? You wouldn't study medicine if you don't want to practice medicine, right? Wouldn't it be better if one get better prepared for the real world or real career? Not everyone would agree with me on this. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending