The Student Room Group

Would you ever settle for an ugly guy or girl until you can do better?

In other words you're desperate for a relationship right now so would you just accept anything and then say if you met someone better looking who likes you then dump your current partner for that person?

Scroll to see replies

No, that's a prick move
That would be so horrid for her to go through. Absolutely not.
Reply 3
Why not? Nothing lasts forever.
Reply 4
Bad idea bro
No... You don't just 'settle' for something or someone. That's rude to the girl/guy. Hopefully they'd smell your desperation and rudeness before you even got to them... :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
But surely you don't go out with someone because you want to stay with them forever? I mean why settle for second best?
No, it's cruel to use someone's emotions like that. I'd prefer to die alone than ever use someone just for a relationship.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
But surely you don't go out with someone because you want to stay with them forever?

Well, actually, that's exactly the reason many people date :|
Reply 9
Say you went out with a short frumpy girl with armpit hair and then along came a tall, athletic blonde girl, wouldn't you dump the dwarf in a heartbeat?
Reply 10
Believe compromises can happen if you are desperate for companionship and sex. But I think it's horrible to exploit someone you don't find attractive in some way..
That is just mean. Besides, I wouldn't play with someone's feelings like that and more importantly I ain't DESPERATE.
It's not exploitation if you are struggling to find someone. Nobody wants to be lonely and we all deserve the best so why not just bide your time with what you've got and then say if you're lucky and someone better comes along then great. If not then just be happy right? Beggars can't be choosers.
If I was going to get into a relationship, I would be going into one with every intention of making it work. I wouldn't go into one if I knew that it wouldn't work between us.
no, I can't be with someone I don't like no matter how desperate I am
I'll do it for American Citizenship
Never, would rather fap than be with an ugly chick
Reply 17
This happens all the time, not just with ugly girls...

If you're going out with someone who you find attractive and have some chemistry with but then a person who is more attractive with better personality traits comes along and wants you badly, why wouldn't you switch?

It's just as cruel and unfair to be with person A when you like person B more as it is to "ditch" Person A for Person B anyways - no one wants to go out with someone when they're playing second best to someone else...
I have done this before. It turned out great for me. But not so much for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A bit weak. Why do you need a relationship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending