The Student Room Group

How Do You Flirt With An Introvert?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
HAHAHAHHAHA :rofl:

More seriously, though, is the "not picking up on things" an introvert thing, or a guy thing?

Thanks :smile: Would you say being tactile with him (or just straight up telling him I like him) would work, too?

Definitely tactile. Introverts adore that.
Lol, tell me about it! :tongue: What counts as "talkative" for him, though? Esp. if it's on something he's already passionate about?

Yeah, I know. Do you reckon subtle flirting (or doing everything but tell him outright, like tell him he looks cute) would work?

Talkative means, talking alot. In any and all circumstances of the word. Lol.

Telling him he is cute is subtle enough and he can easily tell you back or with the big blush he gives, you might be able to interpret better. Telling him you like him outright could be a disaster for many reasons:
1) what if he doesn't like you back
2) what if he does and feels awkward to tell you back, then he ends up beating up himself about it, thinking you're mad at him. Maybe you may get mad at him, who knows.
3) He likes you and then you end up distracting him from his work in all ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inachigeek21
Definitely tactile. Introverts adore that.

Is this some sort of golden introvert rule I don't know about? :gah: Thought it was the opposite TBH... I assumed introverts often got "spooked" if someone touched them physically, as it's quite forward and you guys like personal space :smile:

Ariesisit
Talkative means, talking alot. In any and all circumstances of the word. Lol.

Telling him he is cute is subtle enough and he can easily tell you back or with the big blush he gives, you might be able to interpret better. Telling him you like him outright could be a disaster for many reasons:
1) what if he doesn't like you back
2) what if he does and feels awkward to tell you back, then he ends up beating up himself about it, thinking you're mad at him. Maybe you may get mad at him, who knows.
3) He likes you and then you end up distracting him from his work in all ways.

Yeah, what I meant is that he definitely talks a lot sometimes - but it's about stuff he's passionate about. In which cases anyone would probably be talkative. Lol. :cool:

Good point. So just something like "You look nice" should do the trick? :cookie:
Original post by Mr...
To be honest, find something you both like and bond over that, let is escalate until you know he likes you then just tell him. He probably doesn't like to dilly dally :sadnod:
The sarcastic thing was a sarcastic comment :teehee: :yep:

Hence why I included the "srs", obviously :wink:
I might do, thanks :smile: Would it be better to tell him I like him (forcing him into the awkward position of deciding how to respond, which he probably won't even have thought about before) or ask him out, though?

Also, if I do ask him out, should I do it very directly/bluntly, or in a coy/girly/feminine kind of way, dodging around the point before getting to it and looking relatively shy? (I tend to do the latter... :colondollar:)

Going off what you have said about him it depends. If you want to tell him you like him, try and do it in a way which won't put him on the spot/make him feel really awkward.

However if you just want to ask him out then do it whatever way would make you feel comfortable, but if you want to sort of dodge around the point, make sure it's clear what you are asking him despite being subtle :smile:
Original post by xmertic
Going off what you have said about him it depends. If you want to tell him you like him, try and do it in a way which won't put him on the spot/make him feel really awkward.

However if you just want to ask him out then do it whatever way would make you feel comfortable, but if you want to sort of dodge around the point, make sure it's clear what you are asking him despite being subtle :smile:

Great advice, thanks, I might just do my usual "dodging around the point" thing then :lol:

Just one more question - how do I do the part in bold? (i.e. tell him without putting him on the spot/making him feel awkward.) I'm usually just really nice to people if I don't want to make them feel awkward, but he's so logical/focused on his work that might not work on his personality! Lol :smile:
Is this some sort of golden introvert rule I don't know about? :gah: Thought it was the opposite TBH... I assumed introverts often got "spooked" if someone touched them physically, as it's quite forward and you guys like personal space :smile:

Yeah, what I meant is that he definitely talks a lot sometimes - but it's about stuff he's passionate about. In which cases anyone would probably be talkative. Lol. :cool:

Good point. So just something like "You look nice" should do the trick? :cookie:

Lol I understand what you mean. Change the topic and see what happens.

This is also important. Is he an introvert or just shy? There's a difference.

You look nice is too friendly. "I think you're cute" is much more suited to your intentions :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most introverts open up when you get to know them.
HAHAHAHHAHA :rofl:

More seriously, though, is the "not picking up on things" an introvert thing, or a guy thing?

I was once using a computer in school and a girl in my class came up to me and asked what I was doing. she pressed her chest against the side of my head as someone was walking behind her (at the time presumably to make space for the passer by) Oh how I was blind.

2 weeks later she touched my willy and with a knee jerk reaction I jumped back. I looked at her (as I was about to sheepishly say sorry) and she's smiling at me, and then I clicked. We went out for about 3 months.

I'm now more alert to flirting, but loads of it goes over my head....just like her legs that night :wink:
Original post by Arieisit
Lol I understand what you mean. Change the topic and see what happens.

This is also important. Is he an introvert or just shy? There's a difference.

You look nice is too friendly. "I think you're cute" is much more suited to your intentions :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm OK. He's not great at small talk, though (not just with me, with others as well lol).

Definitely an introvert. At times, he's not shy at all. But he loves his alone time. If another person starts chatting to us when we're both together, he'll often make an excuse and oodle away haha.

Wouldn't that be awks if I said it straight out? :tongue: I thought "You look nice" in a really flirty tone of voice might get the message across. Particularly if he looks the same as he does every other day (he never shakes up his dress code).
Original post by Swanbow
Most introverts open up when you get to know them.

It's taking ages to "get to know" him, though. With a fellow extrovert (esp. a girl) I would probably have been pretty close with them by now, given how often we study alone together :lol:

How do introverts like to be hit on? Guessing you're one lol :smile:
Do you have his number? Just start initiating texts with flirty messages.
Original post by Unknown Nerd
Do you have his number? Just start initiating texts with flirty messages.

No (I've actually been reluctant to ask because he seems so stoic/serious at times). Should I ask for it on a pretext, do you reckon? :tongue:
Great advice, thanks, I might just do my usual "dodging around the point" thing then :lol:

Just one more question - how do I do the part in bold? (i.e. tell him without putting him on the spot/making him feel awkward.) I'm usually just really nice to people if I don't want to make them feel awkward, but he's so logical/focused on his work that might not work on his personality! Lol :smile:

I suppose you could text him or something, not the greatest choice though.

Just say something to him like, 'I don't want to put you on the spot or anything, so don't feel obliged to tell me how you feel now. I don't want to make you feel awkward or anything but I wanted to let you know that I like you'. Something along those lines is the best I can think of right now. Just explain and be honest :smile:
Original post by xmertic
I suppose you could text him or something, not the greatest choice though.

Just say something to him like, 'I don't want to put you on the spot or anything, so don't feel obliged to tell me how you feel now. I don't want to make you feel awkward or anything but I wanted to let you know that I like you'. Something along those lines is the best I can think of right now. Just explain and be honest :smile:

Yeah, I don't have his number as we work in the same department and see each other around all the time, but even if I got it I'd rather tell him in person lol :lol:

Ah, OK! Hopefully that will work, thank you :smile: If I seem like I'm nervous/in a more stereotypically "girly" mood than I usually am (even if I'm not, lol) he is generally a touch softer with me, so maybe that would work better haha. Thanks again a ton for all the advice - I'll + rep tomorrow once I recharge :biggrin:
No (I've actually been reluctant to ask because he seems so stoic/serious at times). Should I ask for it on a pretext, do you reckon? :tongue:

Phone numbers are essy to get now. Just ask if he has WhatsApp :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I don't have his number as we work in the same department and see each other around all the time, but even if I got it I'd rather tell him in person lol :lol:

Ah, OK! Hopefully that will work, thank you :smile: If I seem like I'm nervous/in a more stereotypically "girly" mood than I usually am (even if I'm not, lol) he is generally a touch softer with me, so maybe that would work better haha. Thanks again a ton for all the advice - I'll + rep tomorrow once I recharge :biggrin:

No worries I hope it all works out for you :smile: Haha, thank you, muchly appreciated ^^
Talk nerdy to him
Original post by errrr...
Talk nerdy to him

This actually seems to work up to a certain point (i.e. when talking about our course :tongue:) I'm the opposite of a nerdy person, though, TBH (much more into stuff like sports), so I don't know what other nerd things to talk about :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending