The Student Room Group

AS to A2 Psychology AQA- Can I get an A*?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Grade boundaries in A2 are pretty low - if you put the amount of time in and make good essays, then its more than possible

Heck even i managed to get 100 UMS & 94 UMS on the psycho papers - its a hell a lot of work but nothing in the exam will faze you really.

I would personally avoid resitting psycho exams if possible. The workload will be too much imo
Original post by Jkizer
Grade boundaries in A2 are pretty low - if you put the amount of time in and make good essays, then its more than possible

Heck even i managed to get 100 UMS & 94 UMS on the psycho papers - its a hell a lot of work but nothing in the exam will faze you really.

I would personally avoid resitting psycho exams if possible. The workload will be too much imo

I'm kinda confused, what if you got a C or a D overall, is it possible to get A* overall?
I've got a friend who was asking the teacher if he can get an A* overall as he got a D and I thought it's not possible but this thread makes it sound possible :s-smilie:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by EverybodyHertz
I'm kinda confused, what if you got a C or a D overall, is it possible to get A* overall?
I've got a friend who was asking the teacher if he can get an A* overall as he got a D and I thought it's not possible but this thread makes it sound possible :s-smilie:.

I think you can get a minimum of scraping a C at AS to get an A*? Thats assuming you get 100 in both A2 papers. It would have to be like 60+60+100+100= 320 which i believe passes the 90% average for A2 and 80% ums in total.

That being said, your friend runs the risk of reducing his chances of getting an A as he wouldn't have enough ums from his other 2 modules to keep him beyond the 320 ums boundary.
Original post by Jkizer
I think you can get a minimum of scraping a C at AS to get an A*? Thats assuming you get 100 in both A2 papers. It would have to be like 60+60+100+100= 320 which i believe passes the 90% average for A2 and 80% ums in total.

That being said, your friend runs the risk of reducing his chances of getting an A as he wouldn't have enough ums from his other 2 modules to keep him beyond the 320 ums boundary.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest