The Student Room Group

How to deal with being stood up?

Ive been stood up by a guy I genuinely liked and Ive been stood up by a friend multiple times. In the heat of the moment, Id think about going home and have myself a little cry but somehow, each time Ive ended up with pizza instead. :redface:

Has it ever happened to you? How do you deal with it? Especially when you're looking fine as ****
Does that actually happen to people? I thought all these American shows/movies dramatise such events.

Gosh, don't know what to tell you. From to the shows I've seen, I think having a little cry and having pizza is the natural reaction. Nothing you can do really, just watch some feel good/teen movies and maybe take a break from all this dating if you're being stood up multiple times. Take it slow

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I like to imagine that were that to happen to me, I would take my fine a** down to the nearest and most expensive bar to convince random men to buy me drinks instead :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been stood up by a guy I genuinely liked and Ive been stood up by a friend multiple times. In the heat of the moment, Id think about going home and have myself a little cry but somehow, each time Ive ended up with pizza instead. :redface:

Has it ever happened to you? How do you deal with it? Especially when you're looking fine as ****

yeah it happens, it's pretty crap, but you do get over it and realise its the other persons issue, not necessarily yours. some people, if theyre a person you havent met before, become anxious about meeting or worry you wont have anything to talk about, so they bail. its a confidence thing i suppose. and the fact you had the balls to arrive and wait for them in the first place shows youre comfortable with meeting new people. but it is annoying if they bail then weeks later ask to meet again, only to bail once more. you give up after 2 chances haha.

being stood up aint nice ...under any circumstances.
However see it as a blessing in disguise..why would you wanna hang out with someone who is like that? treat it as a convenient elimination tool...the people who stand you up are the people not worth knowing. Karma will get em.
I think you handle it pretty well actually. I'd probably go home, cry, and then think about it for the rest of my life.
that's why I always make first dates at a coffee shop, If the person doesn't show (has never happened thank god) I can just chill with my book and drink my coffee.

I wouldn't really bother me because at the first date stage you're not emotionally invested in the other person, if a parent stood me up, without a good reason, well ...I don't do relationships very well so you don't need to know what I do there.

I've not been in this situation, but your reaction sounds pretty normal to me!
I think it's just important to think that if they'll stand you up without even providing an explanation, they're probably not the sort of person you want to associate yourself with anyway!

You should be glad you ended up with pizza instead! Don't wallow in pity just because of their crap behaviour :smile: do or have something that makes you happy instead. Pizza/any food > crying.

inb4 salty tears add flavour
Reply 9
All the responses have been comforting, thank you! :^_^: I guess I just need to learn to attract better company and invest in more pizza.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending