The Student Room Group

Unsure of which sixth form I should go to

Hi there.
Basically I'm going to refer the schools as School 1 and School 2.

but before I jump into that I just wanna point out that I'm interested in Law and I would like to study Law or perhaps Psychology in Uni. Also I didn't get the best GCSE results and for that reason School 1 which is suppose to be a really good school with a high percentage A grades in A levels won't allow me to take courses such as Psychology, English and Health and Social Care because of high entry requirements. However these courses will allow me to get into Uni because I think they're decent A levels for Law? School 1 won't let me take these courses and only offer me subjects such as Sociology and Health and social care.... Will these subjects be ok to take to Uni if I wanted to study Law?

In addition School 2 is lower percentage A grades for A levels. however they are willing to take me on for my chosen subjects as they have lower entry requirements. But the school is very far from where I live and I don't know anyone there. I asked all my family members and they are rather have me go to School 1 because it's closer and I did my GCSE's there so I'm familiar with the teachers.

ANYWAY

Sorry for the long essay!!
just really confused please help...
Reply 1
bump?
Reply 2
The best thing you can do is look on some university websites and find their requirements for law. If you already have some idea of where you want to study, look there. But even if you don't, the requirements tend to be similar for most unis anyway.

From personal experience, I would advise you against putting too much weighting on the reputation of the school. If you're determined enough to do well, you'll do fine - regardless of which college you go to.
Yes, check uni requirements for law. and make sure you are certain that you want pursue it as a career. if yes. there is no harm in going to the sixth form which gives you your options. also, regarding the fact that people get lower grades there. work hard and you can be the outlier. just because you go to a school where 90% of people get As, doesn't mean you will get the A and vice versa.
The reason the other sixth form has a high percentage of good grades is because their entry requirements are higher and thus smarter people get in, not because the teaching is so much better than the other sixth forms. If you really want the good grades, there is nothing stopping you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending