The Student Room Group

if i look really good now, would it matter to a guy that i was a lil uglier last time

just curious..

i've lost two sizes (was a size 12 then), face looks much better due to this and was having a VERY bad hair/makeup day the day i saw this guy i kinda fancy.

i didn't do anything for him, BUT if he saw me now and thought i looked nice, would my past appearance have an effect on his behaviour towards me now? just wondering if guys would be put off/mentally scared forever after seeing a girl look bad lol
Reply 1
bump. genuine question
Why would you want to go out with someone who would be 'mentally scarred' by your appearance if you gained a dress size or two? :/

If he wasn't into you when you had a slight amount of chub and he suddenly deigns you as worthy of his D then it is strong evidence he's not much interested in what you have going on upstairs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Toaster Leavings
Why would you want to go out with someone who would be 'mentally scarred' by your appearance if you gained a dress size or two? :/

If he wasn't into you when you had a slight amount of chub and he suddenly deigns you as worthy of his D then it is strong evidence he's not much interested in what you have going on upstairs.

interesting, thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
just curious..

i've lost two sizes (was a size 12 then), face looks much better due to this and was having a VERY bad hair/makeup day the day i saw this guy i kinda fancy.

i didn't do anything for him, BUT if he saw me now and thought i looked nice, would my past appearance have an effect on his behaviour towards me now? just wondering if guys would be put off/mentally scared forever after seeing a girl look bad lol

If it did have an effect then he's a ****, you shouldn't have to feel like you need to lose weight to get someone to notice you ( being size 12 is not going to mentally scar anyone ).
Its such a misconception that losing weight is attractive.
Be yourself :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Joshybaby92
If it did have an effect then he's a ****, you shouldn't have to feel like you need to lose weight to get someone to notice you ( being size 12 is not going to mentally scar anyone ).

hmm, i know there's MUCH more to life than looks, but being prettier does help surely? plus i've got into med school since we last spoke so he'll be impressed with that too i'm assuming
Original post by Joshybaby92

Well, that's not true is it?

If you're a hefty **** then losing weight will do an awful lot to increase your attractiveness... But assuming you are not a bonafide fatty, and like the OP you were only a stone or two above the absolute ideal, you really shouldn't be worrying about it. Unless you're determined to date some douche who threatens to dump you if you gain any weight.
hmm, i know there's MUCH more to life than looks, but being prettier does help surely? plus i've got into med school since we last spoke so he'll be impressed with that too i'm assuming

Everybody has there own preference on what they think is attractive. What i was trying to say is that a lot of girls feel like losing weight will make them more appealing, its not the case at all.
Its constantly vomited up by all the girly magazines as being the best most sought after figure.
Personally i think girls who try and look like front cover celebs end up looking, well...the same. Not saying your trying to look like someone in particular but you are no doubt under the impression that losing weight and wearing a certain style of makeup will make you better looking. Have a kit kat and if Bradley Summers is too good for you then wait till you meet someone who is less interested in how big your waist is.
Original post by Toaster Leavings
Well, that's not true is it?

Don't be a prat you can be fat and there will be people who find you attractive.
You could have ****ing scales and breath fire and there'd be some goth out somewhere who'd think your the sexiest thing on two legs.
Not everybody finds the same thing attractive.
just curious..

First impressions count, but its not too late to rescue it. If you look better to him the second time around he may become more interested.
First impressions count, but its not too late to rescue it. If you look better to him the second time around he may become more interested.

thanks, that's what i wanted to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending