The Student Room Group

female clinic clothes (not interview)

Hi can anyone suggest what is good for girls to wear for ward rounds and stuff? Problem is trousers and shirt feel too formal, almost like power dressing/business wear which isn't what I want. It needs to be formal but not revealing, comfortable but friendly. Any suggestions?

Current medics, is a dress that doesn't cover shoulders OK?

Thanks
Hmm... Chinos + shirt? Skirts? Maybe try and see if you can find less-businessy looking trousers, different colours and fabrics can make a difference :smile:

I wouldn't wear a sleeveless dress unless you wore a cardigan over the top though...
Reply 2
Chinos, skirt, dress - it's really easy.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies! Could anyone post a link to some examples of chinos and skirt/ dress that would be OK? Thanks so much
Reply 4
Original post by marshmallo
Hi can anyone suggest what is good for girls to wear for ward rounds and stuff? Problem is trousers and shirt feel too formal, almost like power dressing/business wear which isn't what I want. It needs to be formal but not revealing, comfortable but friendly. Any suggestions?

Current medics, is a dress that doesn't cover shoulders OK?

Thanks

Sleeveless only OK in the height of summer, rest of the time needs a cardigan. Strappy is never appropriate, IMO. There are nice shift dresses with short sleeves which work fine, and trousers and a fitted shirt isn't really all that formal!

You can't go far wrong with dark trousers/skirt and a plain coloured shirt or top, really. No need to spend loads of money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending