The Student Room Group

what should i do with my life?

i have no idea what i want to do, i dont have a passion or a strong interest in anything, i am partially interested in computers and science, upon receiving my results i didnt do well and now i have 3 options biochem and biotech at uel (which is low ranked) or foundation year comp science at mdx or call different universities for other possible courses. gap year could be an option but i am under pressure to go to university, my family believes that it will be hard to find a job and re-taking a levels will be too expensive and apprenticeships dont pay well if i decide to go down an apprenticeship route. can anyone please help me, what is your opinion or advice on what i should do. i feel like my life has no direction i am stuck, please help:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i have no idea what i want to do, i dont have a passion or a strong interest in anything, i am partially interested in computers and science, upon receiving my results i didnt do well and now i have 3 options biochem and biotech at uel (which is low ranked) or foundation year comp science at mdx or call different universities for other possible courses. gap year could be an option but i am under pressure to go to university, my family believes that it will be hard to find a job and re-taking a levels will be too expensive and apprenticeships dont pay well if i decide to go down an apprenticeship route. can anyone please help me, what is your opinion or advice on what i should do. i feel like my life has no direction i am stuck, please help:frown:

Hey,
hope your fine.
Try doing foundation program and then see if you can transfer it to degree in a better uni

Retaking a levels should be free provided you are 18 or 19. However if you are not really interested or motivated to do that then there is little point as I believe you will only find happiness and success in something that really gets you going.

thank you for the links sena they are helping me a lot! its just really hard for me because i dont really have a passion or deep interest for something, i like science and computers but i dont have like a huge passion or extremely strong interest in it:frown:
Original post by Temporality
Retaking a levels should be free provided you are 18 or 19. However if you are not really interested or motivated to do that then there is little point as I believe you will only find happiness and success in something that really gets you going.

i am 19 years old so if i retake a levels as an external candidate, will it be free? and its really hard for me because i dont have a strong passion or interest in anything, so i have no idea what to do with my life, i like computers and science (but i like the animal side of it, as i like watching and listening to documentaries of animals) its just so hard because my a level results were not good so maybe i am not good at science as i once was.
Reply 7
thank you for the links sena they are helping me a lot! its just really hard for me because i dont really have a passion or deep interest for something, i like science and computers but i dont have like a huge passion or extremely strong interest in it:frown:

best thing solution is:-
Do you have any interest in anything like you are very talented at?
suppose you love drawing, music, art, or anything go for it.
see even i got very bad a-levels. I began ACCA, alternative to degree which is cheaper and better option. I joined with only gcse and see i say everyone I'm going to uni after i joined to do ACCA.
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/worklife/campus/a13708/Alternatives-to-university-know-your-options/

I know you have just lost confidence just because you got poor alevel. just do a foundation programme of a degree you wish to follow. If you don't wish to go for uni and want alternatives there are professional qualifications. But see, which interests you more.

Quick Reply

Latest