The Student Room Group

Girls....and Guys too if you can help shed light

Ok basically I've been with my boyfriend over two years and it's been no smooth ride due to different things.

However about 6 months ago a girl started posting on his Facebook wall using pet names names and loads of x's and stuff. She lives in a difference country/part of the UK
I asked him who she was and he said it's a girl he met online years ago and used to flirt with. Obviously this made me weary I trusted him and believed him when he said that there had been no flirting since we have been together. So it was pretty much left like that. But the last few months the wall posts and pet names have started again, although from what I can see of what he replies he isn't reciprocating.

What's making me weary is that he likes every photo she uploads to Facebook, so it's making think maybe there's more going on it private message.

Does it sound like I have something to worry about or am I just over thinking?
Reply 1
Reply 2

I don't know her at all though, and she'd probably not even reply and just tell him, then he'd have a go at me
Pressing a 'like' button on a photograph does not mean your boyfriend is messaging her. I think you're being insecure. If you genuinely trusted him, you wouldn't need to worry. If you have any doubts about whether or not he is messaging her, you need to question if you actually trust him or not.
And this is how social media ****s up relationships :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh no, he talks to her AND likes her photos. They must be having a passionate and erotic affair behind your back!
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
Oh no, he talks to her AND likes her photos. They must be having a passionate and erotic affair behind your back!

Please drop the sarcasm. It has no place here.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Pressing a 'like' button on a photograph does not mean your boyfriend is messaging her. I think you're being insecure. If you genuinely trusted him, you wouldn't need to worry. If you have any doubts about whether or not he is messaging her, you need to question if you actually trust him or not.

They definitely message. There's also been a lot of phone calls that my boyfriend didn't even tell me about, I had to find out my her posting on his Facebook wall saying stuff about the phone calls. Even when I asked after I seen the wall posts about the phone calls all he did was ask me why I needed to know in the first place :/
Original post by Anonymous
They definitely message. There's also been a lot of phone calls that my boyfriend didn't even tell me about, I had to find out my her posting on his Facebook wall saying stuff about the phone calls. Even when I asked after I seen the wall posts about the phone calls all he did was ask me why I needed to know in the first place :/

What do you actually think is going on between them? Do the posts make you feel insecure because of how they speak?
Reply 9
You have to be straight up with him. Tell him what you've seen, you don't like it and you really want to know whats going on.

If he finds out your creeping on him it could get you into trouble...
He could use that against you.

Sometimes you just have to be upfront.

You could be over thinking it, but then again your gut could be right.

The honest truth is you don't know until you catch him in an act or he tells you.

Leave the girl.... for now.
Reply 10
Not that it's any of my concern but are you two sexually active? If not he could be communicating with her to satisfy his desires.
Original post by Venatal
Not that it's any of my concern but are you two sexually active? If not he could be communicating with her to satisfy his desires.

Yes we are, not that it's any of your business
Original post by ElizS
You have to be straight up with him. Tell him what you've seen, you don't like it and you really want to know whats going on.

If he finds out your creeping on him it could get you into trouble...
He could use that against you.

Sometimes you just have to be upfront.

You could be over thinking it, but then again your gut could be right.

The honest truth is you don't know until you catch him in an act or he tells you.

Leave the girl.... for now.

I've asked him before and he literally flipped with me just for asking who she was and why he didn't tell me he was spending time on the phone to her at night.
I've asked him before and he literally flipped with me just for asking who she was and why he didn't tell me he was spending time on the phone to her at night.

You're not being irrational that does sound kind of suspicious.. There's not really an easy way to get round this, maybe you should drop the subject for a bit and see if she keeps posting stuff. It could be that he likes you getting jealous because it feels like your being protective over him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

As **** as it sounds you either
- go ape on him and state you're his girlfriend. If you ask who someone is, you have the right to know (thats risky cause he could go mad back then break up with you and blame it on you not trusting him)

- find a guy to talk to... when he finds out, he'll be curious then you can use it against him (Make sure you're clean with the new guy)

- again, wait. Until you catch him sleeping with her red handed, then he ain't sleeping with her. Unless you wana hack his inbox, print it and lay it out for him as a surprise. He'll think you're mad, but he'll have to explain himself. If he doesn't then he can GO AWAY.

ONLY contact the girl if you're ready for your boyfriends drama and him saying you don't trust him at all, because she WILL tell him and he WILL hate you

You can PM me if you want, so I can explain some stuff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending