The Student Room Group

AS Grades

For my AS grades i got two distinctions a U and an E

The subject i got an e in i want to continue, is it possible to re sit the as exam at the end of a2 and what will happen if i do
Reply 1
Yeah, I did my whole chemistry a level together with my other a2 exams. You'll just get a predicted grade like you will for your other subjects (you'll probably have to persuade your teacher to give you a good prediction), and on your ucas app you'll just write the AS grades as pending along with your A2 exams for the AS exams you'll retake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
2 of those aren't AS grades and if your resit the papers then you will turn up and attempt to improve? (don't understand the question)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If i got an E in an AS subject could i continue it in A2 is what i was trying to say and thanks for the advice
Reply 4
yes you can continue it and (you probably should) retake the AS modules aswell (practicals im not sure).

remember depends on your college if they will allow it.
I think it depends on your school/college. Our school allows you to carry on with E's but they do warn that the A2 material is harder than AS and with an E it might be a struggle. I would suggest you ask one of the advice people when you go back to see what the rules are at your particular institution.

Quick Reply

Latest