The Student Room Group

Why are these laptops priced differently?

Can somebody tell me why these laptops are all priced differently when their specs appear to be exactly the same! One even costs almost 300 pounds more than the others. What am I missing?

Laptop 1

Laptop 2

Laptop 3

They are all different models of the same brand Laptop but there's no difference in their specs. Help please.
Reply 1
Original post by Seize
Can somebody tell me why these laptops are all priced differently when their specs appear to be exactly the same! One even costs almost 300 pounds more than the others. What am I missing?

Laptop 1

Laptop 2

Laptop 3

They are all different models of the same brand Laptop but there's no difference in their specs. Help please.

The first is from a UK seller, whereas the second and third are US sellers. So with the ones from America, although that price converts to a lower number, you'll be slapped with import charges when it arrives, so if you want to get that laptop, my advice would be to stick with the UK seller :wink: Otherwise you'll get a US plug, US keyboard and US warranty...
Original post by Seize

Laptop 1

Laptop 2

Laptop 3

As the other user said, stuff like this is cheaper in the US due to tax, etc
However different plug, warranty might be an issue, american keyboard. Import tax so will cost more, not to mention shipping costs.
Reply 3
Original post by Tappouni
The first is from a UK seller, whereas the second and third are US sellers. So with the ones from America, although that price converts to a lower number, you'll be slapped with import charges when it arrives, so if you want to get that laptop, my advice would be to stick with the UK seller :wink: Otherwise you'll get a US plug, US keyboard and US warranty...

Original post by Iqbal007
As the other user said, stuff like this is cheaper in the US due to tax, etc
However different plug, warranty might be an issue, american keyboard. Import tax so will cost more, not to mention shipping costs.

Thank you both. To think I was on the verge of buying one of those from the US :redface:

If you don't mind, can you give me your opinion on this one? Again it's just a different model of the same brand but it's from the UK and still cheaper than the other one that doesn't seem to differ in specs. All things considered, do you think I'd be better off getting this one instead?
Reply 4
Original post by Seize
Thank you both. To think I was on the verge of buying one of those from the US :redface:

If you don't mind, can you give me your opinion on this one? Again it's just a different model of the same brand but it's from the UK and still cheaper than the other one that doesn't seem to differ in specs. All things considered, do you think I'd be better off getting this one instead?

You have to wait 1-3 months for the dispatch from Amazon.
Reply 5
Original post by mma101

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by mma101

I don't know why on earth it should take that long to dispatch though. Do you think I can find out more details about the product and when I'd be likely to receive it if I called Amazon?
Reply 7
Original post by Seize
I don't know why on earth it should take that long to dispatch though. Do you think I can find out more details about the product and when I'd be likely to receive it if I called Amazon?

Yes, definitely try and call them. They may dispatch it earlier, depending on circumstances. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Seize

I don't have any experience of using Lenovo laptops, but it seems to be a well-specced laptop! If that is the laptop you want, ordering it from Amazon is a safe bet, but that wait time is quite high!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending