The Student Room Group

UK Parliamentarian attacked

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1269
So we have determined that he is Jewish, regardless of whether this is derived from ancestry or his religious convictions.

As such, we can clearly label this as a horrendous and despicable Semitic attack on a UK Parliamentarian.

Firstly he doesn't think so. In that same facebook exchange the original questioner responded to his comment saying:

"Great! Jewish blood runs in ur being."

and Masterson responds:

"I don't think so because it is passed down female mitochondrial DNA. It ended with my greast grandfather... Alas!x"

So he didn't think of himself as being Jewish on Aug 28th.

But yeah sure, if you conclude that he is Jewish because he had a Jewish great-grandfather then go for it. Of course we then have to massively recalculate the number of Jews in the world. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that even the Nazis didn't consider one Jewish great-grandparent enough to be considered Jewish...
Original post by G8D
Can you link us the Facebook?

Here's the link to the post I'm talking about: https://www.facebook.com/neil.masterson.5/posts/10202927901663928

Legal Disclaimer:
Note that this may not be the facebook account of the alleged attacker but it is the account that George Galloway linked to on Twitter claiming it was the account of his attacker.
Original post by G8D
I suspected as much.

Does it not seem that this is NOT in fact Mr Masterson's account?

https://www.facebook.com/neil.masterson.5/posts/10202938263042956

Either that or he has a personality disorder...

Also the rest of the public posts on that account are very... revealing about the individual(s?) involved.

I don't know tbh. The Telegraph article that tsr1269 linked to confirmed that the Neil Masterson in court was a carer of someone. I think he was denied bail as well so maybe he asked his caree (is that a word?) to post it or his caree did it of his own accord perhaps using his PC? I dunno. He does have posts on that account going back quite a while. So I don't see any strong evidence that this is NOT his account. But of course there's no way to know for sure.

But see this post, for example, from before the attack:https://www.facebook.com/neil.masterson.5/posts/10202925525084515
Reply 223
Original post by UniOfLife
Firstly he doesn't think so. In that same facebook exchange the original questioner responded to his comment saying:

"Great! Jewish blood runs in ur being."

and Masterson responds:

"I don't think so because it is passed down female mitochondrial DNA. It ended with my greast grandfather... Alas!x"

So he didn't think of himself as being Jewish on Aug 28th.

But yeah sure, if you conclude that he is Jewish because he had a Jewish great-grandfather then go for it. Of course we then have to massively recalculate the number of Jews in the world. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that even the Nazis didn't consider one Jewish great-grandparent enough to be considered Jewish...

Great! We've determined that he believes himself to be a Jew either because he was "born a Jew" or he converted to become a Jew.

Irrespective of that fact, this was clearly a despicable and horrendous act committed by a person who believes that the SS should not be lambasted for their actions. If a person who attacks the SS is labelled an "anti-Semite", then the attack on an "anti-Semite" for reasons relating to the original remarks is clearly a "Semitic" attack.
Original post by tsr1269
Great! We've determined that he believes himself to be a Jew either because he was "born a Jew" or he converted to become a Jew.

I think debates work better, generally speaking, when you don't lie during them.

Original post by tsr1269
Irrespective of that fact, this was clearly a despicable and horrendous act committed by a person who believes that the SS should not be lambasted for their actions. If a person who attacks the SS is labelled an "anti-Semite", then the attack on an "anti-Semite" for reasons relating to the original remarks is clearly a "Semitic" attack.

That isn't really how things work, is it? I mean, if I were to punch a homophobe for being homophobic that doesn't suddenly make me gay. That's just not how it works.

I mean, I can see why you would want this to be a "Semitic" attack but I think that your desire for it to be labelled as such says more about your attitudes than about reality.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi tsr1269,

I have edited the OP of this thread and the title as it was misleading. A "Semitic" attack suggests that the attacker was Jewish, when actually at the moment it is uncertain who the attacker was and what the motivations behind the attack were:

Even though it could be related to Galloway's comments about Israel, there's no sure evidence to suggest that the attacker was Jewish, or pro-Israel, so referring to it as a 'Semitic' attack is misleading.

quite right, even if he actually was jewish, the idea of a semtic attack is purely in tsr1269s mind, because he is obsessed with the jewish people. if a black man had punched galloway, it would not be described as a 'black attack' .
fyi most of tsr1269s posts are misleading at best, falsehood in general. so dont let that confuse you
Reply 226
Original post by UniOfLife
I think debates work better, generally speaking, when you don't lie during them.

That isn't really how things work, is it? I mean, if I were to punch a homophobe for being homophobic that doesn't suddenly make me gay. That's just not how it works.

I mean, I can see why you would want this to be a "Semitic" attack but I think that your desire for it to be labelled as such says more about your attitudes than about reality.

You can huff and puff all you want, it won't change the fact that it is a Semitic attack. :smile:
Reply 227
Original post by Meenglishnogood
quite right, even if he actually was jewish, the idea of a semtic attack is purely in tsr1269s mind, because he is obsessed with the jewish people. if a black man had punched galloway, it would not be described as a 'black attack' .
fyi most of tsr1269s posts are misleading at best, falsehood in general. so dont let that confuse you

Black is black.

"Semitic" seems to now include Jews, Zionists, supporters of Zionism, cultural Jews, religious Jews and atheist Jews. It also include those who defend SS policies, try to make excuses for them and those who are willfully ignorant of their actions but like to label and pigeonhole people.

Wow! I mean, just look at the amount of Semitic attacks that are going to be perpetrated from now on. :rolleyes:

Seems pretty brutal. But where were the people he was posing with? The voice over (and other reports) says that Galloway was posing for pictures but there didn't seem to be anyone with him in that video. So maybe it's not actually genuine? Dunno. I notice that of the two or three people watching no one tried to intervene.
Reply 230
It's interesting that George brings up the issue of whether had it been a Muslim attacking a pro-Israel MP they would have been charged with terrorism. It's interesting because just a few years ago a Labour MP, Stephen Timms, was stabbed by a Muslim constituent who said she did it because he voted for the war in Iraq. She wasn't charged with terrorism offenses. So, while deplorable, an attack on an elderly (he was 55) MP is not as unprecedented as George is trying to make out.
Obviously, the barbarian who attacked him does exist in UK, a developed country.

Gee... how that savage survive in this century?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
Obviously, the barbarian who attacked him does exist in UK, a developed country.

Gee... how that savage survive in this century?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to mention the 500+ british jihadists fighting for ISIS along with the countless other extremists here too. The fact we have to live beside them is sickening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by The Right
Not to mention the 500+ british jihadists fighting for ISIS along with the countless other extremists here too. The fact we have to live beside them is sickening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can move if you like. It's a free country...
Original post by tsr1269
You can move if you like. It's a free country...

One thing for Islamic extremists and another for the rest of us. We were born in this country so why should we be pushed out by these extremists. Where is the morality in that?
Reply 236
One thing for Islamic extremists and another for the rest of us. We were born in this country so why should we be pushed out by these extremists. Where is the morality in that?

They were also born in this country yet you want to "push them out". :rolleyes:
Original post by tsr1269

Because they are extremists who would kill us without a single thought. I am not going to waste my time with you, reply back to this if you want but you are the same as usual. You defend Islamic terrorists and always will. They could kill a member of your family and you would be on here defending them. You are hopeless. Like I said reply if you want, I am out.
Reply 238
Original post by tsr1269

Yep. Anything wrong with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
Because they are extremists who would kill us without a single thought. I am not going to waste my time with you, reply back to this if you want but you are the same as usual. You defend Islamic terrorists and always will. They could kill a member of your family and you would be on here defending them. You are hopeless. Like I said reply if you want, I am out.

Hmm. Doesn't change the fact that you want to push them out even though they were born in this country.

You seem to have lost your way there, somewhat, with your logical thought processes....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending