The Student Room Group

Vomiting

When I'm feeling fat, I sometimes get the really strong urge to vomit what I've just eaten. I always force the feeling away but would it be a bad thing if I indulged myself?

It's not as if I'm forcing myself to puke. That'd be silly. But I just end up feeling uncomfortable for awhile.
Do you feel fat because of what you have eaten? Or is it that you have just eaten too much and feel bloated. If it is the latter, then that is completely normal. However, if it is psychological, like feeling genuinely fat regardless of what you have eaten, maybe you are too self conscious? It is normal to be self conscious, but maybe you're anxious of your health. Feeling anxious all the time is what I suffer from. Whenever I think of feeling nauseated, I genuinely feel nauseated, I will never be sick, but I will feel all the symptoms of it.
Original post by Protoxylic
Do you feel fat because of what you have eaten? Or is it that you have just eaten too much and feel bloated. If it is the latter, then that is completely normal. However, if it is psychological, like feeling genuinely fat regardless of what you have eaten, maybe you are too self conscious? It is normal to be self conscious, but maybe you're anxious of your health. Feeling anxious all the time is what I suffer from. Whenever I think of feeling nauseated, I genuinely feel nauseated, I will never be sick, but I will feel all the symptoms of it.

Oh no. I'm already very fat. It's not a case of me having low self esteem for no reason :smile:.

Over the last few months, I've flipped my habits. I sometimes have down days/weeks but I've mostly been better. Staying active and consuming better foods.

I don't really eat to the point of being bloated. I just have days when I feel fat and disgusting (I actually am obese) and when I eat few bites, I feel like bringing it up. It's not even a mental thing..I physically start to get that vomity feel.
If you feel like bringing up food that you have already eaten, then that could be anxiety. It's easy for people to say: "Go on a diet, and do some exercise". In this case, I do genuinely feel like you are trying. Eating is normal, it is when you binge eat bad foods that it becomes a problem. If you are eating a few bites of, lets say, nuts. That's completely fine, otherwise if you didn't eat anything at all that is even worse. Allow yourself flexibility in your eating habits. Having a snack here or there is fine, given that it isn't something that will undermine the efforts of exercise or the healthy eating. If you physically get nauseated, then maybe your body isn't used to eating the certain foods you are eating, or are they foods you have eaten in the past? Either way, I'm no doctor, heck I don't even do Biology as my A-Level. But, honestly, if you get nauseous, drink water, go outside, think of something else. If you keep thinking about it, it won't go away.

Quick Reply

Latest