The Student Room Group

what phone network doesnt bother you all the time?

I've been with O2 for 73 months on the same number, according to a phone call I recieved yesterday.

I recently broke my phone and I am currently useing a cheap £10 one until I get a new one. O2 seemed to have noticed I changed my phone and have started bombarding me with phone calls about upgrades, contracts and the like.

I have always used pay as you go and recently I have noticed a sharp increase in the amount of texts I recieve from O2. Seriously I've had this phone a week and I have 7 texts from O2 in that time. The I realised that they always do this, they always bother me with texts and calls. I've had calls off the ***** during lectures and even whilst abroad, when they can plainly see I am abroad.

I texted the STOP message they say you can text to stop the messages, and that just increased my messages.

So **** O2, I'm looking for a network that is light on the harrasment, my life doesn't revolve around my phone and I don't care about bundles and ****, I just want a phone, that lets me make calls, lets me connect to wi fi and stores a few songs to listen to on commutes, with a network that is happy to just let me bumble along paying £10-£15 a month in top ups some months not topping up some months topping up a little extra.

In short **** OFF O2.
I'm on 3 and I honestly don't think I've ever had a phone call from them!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bubadeeboop
I've been with O2 for 73 months on the same number, according to a phone call I recieved yesterday.

I recently broke my phone and I am currently useing a cheap £10 one until I get a new one. O2 seemed to have noticed I changed my phone and have started bombarding me with phone calls about upgrades, contracts and the like.

I have always used pay as you go and recently I have noticed a sharp increase in the amount of texts I recieve from O2. Seriously I've had this phone a week and I have 7 texts from O2 in that time. The I realised that they always do this, they always bother me with texts and calls. I've had calls off the ***** during lectures and even whilst abroad, when they can plainly see I am abroad.

I texted the STOP message they say you can text to stop the messages, and that just increased my messages.

So **** O2, I'm looking for a network that is light on the harrasment, my life doesn't revolve around my phone and I don't care about bundles and ****, I just want a phone, that lets me make calls, lets me connect to wi fi and stores a few songs to listen to on commutes, with a network that is happy to just let me bumble along paying £10-£15 a month in top ups some months not topping up some months topping up a little extra.

In short **** OFF O2.

Go on GiffGaff. awesome deals, they don't bother you and best of all... you're already on O2 so you don't need to worry about unlocking your phone or anything, just order the free sim and set it up :smile:
I've had no issues with EE :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tesco. Honestly. No problems at all. Never had any texts from them except when I arrive in a foreign country and they tell me how much it costs.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm with EE. There's occasional texts but nothing bothersome at all. They have excellent customer service too. Because I'm under 24 I get extra internet with my contract so it's pretty much unlimited - they're great for offers!
Vodafone rarely sends me texts, though from my experience with my brother's phone (he's on EE), his service is better so I'd say go with EE.

Maybe a text once a month saying I can view my E-Bill.
Just a thought. Is this one of those cases where texting STOP is the trigger for loads of spam? Maybe it's not from O2?
Reply 9
I'm on o2 and have been for years and I've never had spam from them.

Once I did accidentally subscribe to rugby updates but that was easy to sort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tescoooooooooooooooooo :smile: I have never had a text or call from them.
Original post by Doomlar
Tescoooooooooooooooooo :smile: I have never had a text or call from them.

And you get clubcard points as well.:smile:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
And you get clubcard points as well.:smile:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I was on o2 for years and they were fine with me. The only trouble was trying to sort out ending my contract. I'm on 3 now and they're okay, I get the odd phonecall but I just say I'm not interested.
One experience...

Plus need to say that EE has really good coverage because it came from T-Mobile and Orange coming together...
VIRGIN - They dont bother you, good coverage and frew cheap sim only deals.
I'm with Tesco Mobile and I've been with them for 2 and a half yrs and they have never once called me for any reason. The only time they contact me through text is if I go abroad, they will send me a welcome text and tell me how much it will cost to use my phone there, if they are doing work near my area and my coverage might be affected or if my direct debit hasn't went through. All of those reasons to text are acceptable imo.

I used to be with 3 and I got called at least once a fortnight with promotion calls and they would call and call no matter how many times I ignored them or hung up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm on Three, i get a call maybe once or twice whenever a major phone comes out.

The greatest thing about Three that no other network can match is its unlimited data. No other network offers enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending