The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology AQA 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by work95
Hey nice to see people are still posting :smile:

I think we're doing Relationships and Aggression for sure and for Unit 4 Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.
When are you all planning to start revising? and which books are you using?

This year the school has just implemented that we have to buy our own textbooks because of the funding cuts which is okay, but at our school we have 3 textbooks! Our psych. teacher is selling them to us whereas for other subjects we have to find them ourselves so hopefully we'll get a good discount :biggrin: It's just hard choosing which one to get as the qoute below says you kind of need to mix and match! But I just found one of them on ebay for £3 including postage so I'm going to have have two textbooks :biggrin: I think I'll buy the dog one off school :biggrin: if you know which one I mean :biggrin:
:mad: Psychology is one of those subjects where there isn't just a one stop guide (not to my knowledge anyway) so you have to accumulate from a million different places lol. Really hoping for an A* as well.

Original post by eggpotato
My school starts this Thursday, which is weird. Might as well just start next week Monday haha

We start on Friday! So silly! But I'm going to an open day that day now so won't go back until Monday thankfully :tongue:

Well I always PLAN to start revising immediately but that never works out :colondollar: Hopefully this year will be different though.

Haha same! I've just gone to do our Summer hw! :'( and realised how much there is... basically the rest of the first topic!! (Intelligence) so i have a feeling we're meant to know the first topic by the time we go back! So I revised the very first thing we did just now haha *procrastination* the only time I seem to revise is when trying to avoid hw/essays haha it's so much easier doing then when you're not meant to haha
Reply 21
My school starts on a Friday, which is hardly beneficial. I think first of all priority is just asking my teacher what topics we're doing and then the books required.I'm hoping this year to be different since I was really demotivated last year. What are you guys hoping to do at Uni?
Original post by work95
My school starts on a Friday, which is hardly beneficial. I think first of all priority is just asking my teacher what topics we're doing and then the books required.I'm hoping this year to be different since I was really demotivated last year. What are you guys hoping to do at Uni?

Psychology hopefully, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha lucky you, where/what course is the open day for?
I'm hoping to do a joint honours in either law and criminology or law and anthropology. How bout you?

It's at Southampton :smile: I'm looking at Psychology and criminology joint honours :biggrin:
Original post by loosiemorgan
It's at Southampton :smile: I'm looking at Psychology and criminology joint honours :biggrin:

Oh cool, that sounds interesting :smile:
Reply 25
I'm planning to do Law at University, Do most of you want to do Psychology in Uni? I enjoy Psychology a lot but I could never see me doing it further.Off to college soon enough, hard work kicks in.
Reply 26
Original post by work95
I'm planning to do Law at University, Do most of you want to do Psychology in Uni? I enjoy Psychology a lot but I could never see me doing it further.Off to college soon enough, hard work kicks in.

My friend who is doing A2 Psychology also plans on doing 'Law' at University, whilst I plan on doing 'Genetics'. I too, couldn't see myself doing Psychology at Uni hehe :smile:
I start A2 psychology (spec A) today. Doing PSYA4 first, I think the topics are schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods. I really want an A overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by work95

I'm planning to do law as well! :smile:
Reply 29
I'm planning to do law as well! :smile:

That's good :smile: What other subjects do you take apart from Psychology? and where are you planning to apply?
Reply 30
Doing AQA A

I'll be doing PSYA3 first so these are topics:

•

Eating behaviours

•

Aggression

•

Relationships

Is there anyone else doing these topics???
Original post by Shanzii
Doing AQA A

•

Eating behaviours

•

Aggression

•

Relationships

I am, we are going to start PSYA3 in January
I did psy spec A and got a B in AS, hoping for an A this year but there is so much more to learn and the essay writing is abit more difficult
We already started with unit 4 at school and we've done schizophrenia, next is media and research methods
Not too sure about unit 3 though I think we're doing relationships, aggression and one more topic I don't remember :s
Reply 33
I had my first lesson today and found out the topics we'll be doing. It's AQA A.

PSYA3: Gender, Aggression, and Relationships
PSYA4: Schizophrenia, Addiction and Research Methods

I've not seen anyone else do 'Gender' :smile:
Original post by Shanzii
Doing AQA A

•

Eating behaviours

•

Aggression

•

Relationships

Yep. I'm doing those 3 as well! :smile:
Reply 35
I'm doing Aggression, Relationships and Eating behaviours too for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods for PSYA4.
Have you guys started anything yet? Any notes etc?
i'm learning stuff on schizophrenia at the moment -
it's quite intriguing so i'm really enjoying the course now.
hopefully i will continue to like psychology so i can get an A* overall :wink:
For PSYA3 I'm doing

Bio Rhythms and Sleep
Relationships
Eating Behaviour

And for PSYA4 I'm doing

Schizophrenia
Psychology of Addictive Behavior

At least the topics are actually interesting this year, as opposed to attachment and stress.
(edited 9 years ago)
Spec A. Got a C. Won't give any excuses. Wish to get an A or above. Is it possible without retakes?
Oh great I am really stuck on unit 1 psych b

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest