The Student Room Group

Dundee Medical School Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by SAB_01
I got in contact with Dundee to see when they would be giving offers out but all they said is that they 'hoped to have all decisions made by the 1st April'. So it could be any time this month really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's lucky. I've been enjoying the wait so much that I would hate for it to end...!

Thanks for calling though.
Reply 321
Original post by SAB_01
I got in contact with Dundee to see when they would be giving offers out but all they said is that they 'hoped to have all decisions made by the 1st April'. So it could be any time this month really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you kidding me. .... Most indecisive uni in the UK.
Original post by am1992
That's lucky. I've been enjoying the wait so much that I would hate for it to end...!

hahahahaha so true
Reply 323
Original post by am1992

Haha! No problem. But I'm staying hopeful, you never know, they could give out offers sooner than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SAB_01
Haha! No problem. But I'm staying hopeful, you never know, they could give out offers sooner than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know if they normally give out offers/ rejections in batches, or do they give all in one lot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I too just called the admissions office and they said that offers would be made by the end of March. When I asked if they might come earlier, they said 'yes that's possible'. But they also confirmed that no offers have been made so far. The wait continues.....
Reply 326
They'll probably still come out next week but they won't want to promise anything just in case something goes wrong and then they'll have 600 paranoid applicants phoning them during that one week they were promised to be out. UCAS offer deadline is even later...so really it's just taking as long as it should take. On the positive side, no news is good news. Keep that hope going!
Reply 327
Does anyone know how dundee decide who's getting interviews? I was under the impression that it was just a 60/40 split between grades and UKCAT but I know someone who got the same grades as me and a (significantly) worse UKCAT but got an interview when I didn't? Sort of confused now
Reply 328
Original post by sd1997
Does anyone know how dundee decide who's getting interviews? I was under the impression that it was just a 60/40 split between grades and UKCAT but I know someone who got the same grades as me and a (significantly) worse UKCAT but got an interview when I didn't? Sort of confused now

It's purely based on grades and UKCAT. 60/40 academics/UKCAT for school leavers and 40:60 academics/UKCAT for grads.

There's extra points given for 'exceptional' grades like doing a masters/PhD/10 A2s in a year etc.

Some people get lower requirements if there's extenuating circumstances, which is the only thing I can think of if you got exactly they same grades and a higher UKCAT.

Too late now to sort it though, last interviews were in mid-Feb and because it's MMIs they can't just set one up. Best giving them a call tbh.
Reply 329
Thanks, I've got an offer from my first choice anyway. I guess it could be the extenuating circumstances as is don't know him too well. I was just curious as to whether I was right with how they selected the candidates for interview! Thanks for the help though
Does anyone think that offers will be given out next week? According to last year thread offers were given out on the 12th of march.
Reply 331
I don't know whether they're done with the interviews but if they are, they should do. The waiting is killing me and Dundee is my first choice!
Original post by anvar333
Does anyone think that offers will be given out next week? According to last year thread offers were given out on the 12th of march.

I really hope so! The wait is torture!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it is really annoying.
I think so. I mean last interview was Feb and most interviews should have been scored by now and theres the fact the SFC have released their numbers. Good luck. Anyone else got offers elsewhere?
Original post by DrHassan
I think so. I mean last interview was Feb and most interviews should have been scored by now and theres the fact the SFC have released their numbers. Good luck. Anyone else got offers elsewhere?

Yup, but Dundee is my favourite. Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is SFC?
Original post by anvar333
What is SFC?

Scottish Funding Council. The people who decide how many medical students they are going to fund, and thus how many places universities can offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations. Yep I have one at Aberdeen and wait listed elsewhere. Having to choose would be a luxury but Im grateful as it is. Anything in particular which made Dundee your first choice?
Congratulations. Yep I have one at Aberdeen and wait listed elsewhere. Having to choose would be a luxury but Im grateful as it is. Anything in particular which made Dundee your first choice?

Congrats! I have an offer from Abz too, and am so undecided.

I did medic insight work experience at Ninewells and fell in love with the Dundee vibe. I like the course and the teaching style. It's a close shot between Aberdeen and Dundee though! Have you got a favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending