The Student Room Group

Dundee Medical School Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Can any international applicant who received 'Previous study in the U.K.' email tell me what was it all about? Is there any other international applicant here who didn't get that email? Thanks and sorry for being a bit too anxious waiting.
My friend who is a Scottish school leaver has got a rejection from Dundee. Does that mean it is good news for all those who have not heard yet?
Original post by wannabe-doc
My friend who is a Scottish school leaver has got a rejection from Dundee. Does that mean it is good news for all those who have not heard yet?

Is it definitely post interview and when did they get it?? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 543
Original post by wannabe-doc

when did he get it? and i am really sorry for him/her.. i hope he/she has another offer.. well no idea.. decisions seem so random.. internationals, grads, scottish and north irish.. i am eu personally and heard nothing yet.. i hope that those are good news..
Original post by fluffy123
Is it definitely post interview and when did they get it?? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He got his post interview rejection on Thursday. He has got an offer from Aberdeen so he is not too fussed. But he thought his interview was great so he is definitely surprised.
Has absolutely no EU applicant heard back anything yet???
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Has absolutely no EU applicant heard back anything yet???

I am EU applicant and haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 547
Same here. European and still waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodfuture
Congrats on your offer. Have you heard of any other international student getting an offer yesterday or were you the only one? Thanks 😊

I know someone who had an offer but I also know someone else who is still waiting! Not to worry :smile:
Can any international applicant who received 'Previous study in the U.K.' email tell me what was it all about? Is there any other international applicant here who didn't get that email? Thanks and sorry for being a bit too anxious waiting.

It was an email telling us to fill in a form in evision to declare whether or not we had studied previously in the UK.maybe you want to check your junk folder/call them up to ask?
Original post by anvar333
I am EU applicant and haven't heard anything yet.

Original post by RioGk
Same here. European and still waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope this is the case for all EU candidates, that would mean we would be hearing next week:smile:
Reply 551
Original post by suzy_eng
Unfortunately I have 3 rejections. My interview in Dundee was not bad at all so I am gutted not to hear from them.

I know several people who've also applied for Dundee medicine and no one's heard back yet - there's definitely still a chance I'd say
Reply 552
Hi. Did you get 'previous study in the U.K.' email on the 25th of March?

Yes I got the email :smile:
Reply 553
Does anyone know how many offers Dundee give out in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Original post by SAB_01

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think they interview about 600 and give a bit less than 300..
Reply 555
Original post by YvT1
i think they interview about 600 and give a bit less than 300..

Ok, thanks! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 556
Original post by SAB_01

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just checked this...
From information given at the Open Day:
1800 applicants for 134 places!
600 interviewed
However...later the number quoted was 147 places :confused:
AND 10.6:1 ratio given (which would mean more like 170 places? 64% Scots/EU; 28%ish RUK; <10%ish International) However, I think there may be fewer places...Does anyone have accurate figures? From an accurate source?
80 students intercalate (years 3 and 4)
7% drop-out
50% become GPs

Agree that around 300 offers given :smile:
Reply 557
Original post by Blaven
600 interviewed
AND 10.6:1 ratio given (which would mean more like 170 places? 64% Scots/EU; 28%ish RUK; <10%ish International) However, I think there may be fewer places...Does anyone have accurate figures? From an accurate source?
7% drop-out
50% become GPs

Oh thank you! Very useful! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blaven
600 interviewed
7% drop-out
50% become GPs

I would agree with that however I'm sure that he said that the 10.6:1 was your chances of getting into any of your 4 choices? I could be wrong though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 559
Original post by gingers_united
I would agree with that however I'm sure that he said that the 10.6:1 was your chances of getting into any of your 4 choices? I could be wrong though

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've both written down, "50% chance of getting in somewhere"!!! (J Dowell) But I can remember thinking, " that can't be right!"

And there did seem to be a lot of different figures from different admissions staff on the day! So that's why I just listed from the notes that we both took:smile:
I think, to be honest, that they're only human and sometimes get it wrong... I attended the parents' talk, given by Lead of Admissions, at Edinburgh and was told that achieved grades DO NOT get extra points and my son, at applicants talk, was told ONE EXTRA POINT from the Head of School...turned out Admissions Lead was right: no extra point this year but they USED to give one extra point, until this entry.
Hopefully someone has more accurate info!
Also have in my notes 500 interviews and 50 Reach interviews...so there's another example!:confused:
All academic now...(pardon pun)
Good Luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending