The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Diagnostics test for Cass undergraduates

Anyone taken the "Financial Mathematics and Business Statistics Diagnostics" test? What is it like? What's being asked/What's in it? How do I prepare for it?

Thanks a bunch!
Isn't that part of the course?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello Buddy,

I am wondering the same thing. I think it would be A-Level Maths? This is for IFRM right?

Cheers!
Reply 3
c5k
OP
Original post by PJGenius
Hello Buddy,

I am wondering the same thing. I think it would be A-Level Maths? This is for IFRM right?

Cheers!

Yeah it is! Oh well I'm screwed :O I didn't do the A-Level!
Original post by c5k
Yeah it is! Oh well I'm screwed :O I didn't do the A-Level!

I've seen an exam paper for this module, it's ridiculously easy to such an extent that I have lost faith in cass, but then again I should've applied for a more quantitative course and many people here won't have the mathematical background. But if you didn't do A-Level mathematics then yes you're majorly screwed (not that it matters at this stage).

You should know:
Basics: Simple interest, compound interest, discounting, present value, continuously compounding interest rates

Calculus: basic differentiation and integration

Matrices: adding, multiplying (I can't believe there was a question on the paper that asked to add two matrices together...)

Statistics: Linear programming, probability, conditional probability, binomial\poisson distribution, covariance and correlation, normal distribution, hypothesis testing, regression analysis

I won't even mention algebra because the level this module demands is ridiculously easy by any standard.

Just grab this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Statistics-Financial-Risk-Management/dp/1118750292
You can find it online for free
(edited 9 years ago)
The test was a joke, kill it with fire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending