The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Chemistry with Materials Chemistry course

Hello ,everyone, I was wondering, what is this course all about, how is it different from the regular chemistry course? The description on the Edinburgh site was not very helpful, because it was copied from other chemistry courses.
Reply 1
Original post by TheGrimCrim
Hello ,everyone, I was wondering, what is this course all about, how is it different from the regular chemistry course? The description on the Edinburgh site was not very helpful, because it was copied from other chemistry courses.

i'd read into what modules are in material science/engineering if you haven't done this alrea\dy, as i rememebr reading a course like the one you're looking into but havent come across one since. I remember thinking it's just chemistry with materials and less organic. What other unis do this course do you know? I know you can focus more on materials after doing chemistry so it may not even be that much different :s
I realise this hasn't been the most help it could be. Chemistry with materials engineering i've come across more. Sheffield's descriptions of courses are good, but obvioudly not all courses at unis will be the same even if have the same title.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Nat_LPS
i'd read into what modules are in material science/engineering if you haven't done this alrea\dy, as i rememebr reading a course like the one you're looking into but havent come across one since. I remember thinking it's just chemistry with materials and less organic. What other unis do this course do you know? I know you can focus more on materials after doing chemistry so it may not even be that much different :s
I realise this hasn't been the most help it could be. Chemistry with materials engineering i've come across more. Sheffield's descriptions of courses are good, but obvioudly not all courses at unis will be the same even if have the same title.

guess I will start digging into the programme structure of the course, haven`t found any other unis that offer this course yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending